+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Parents and Dependent Brother and dependent sister

patel1212

Mar 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

My spouse and I are permanent residents of Canada. Our family income is above 100,000 CAD. My father works as a government school teacher in India and my mother is a homemaker. My younger brother is studying in his first year of Bachelor of Civil Engineering in India. He got rejection for student visa back in August 2017. Upon rejection he decided to do his bachelor in India. We also have bonafide certificate from his current college. He is only 18 years old and falls under Dependent definition. My younger sister is 21 year old and studying MBBS in India. My father has liquid balance in India (>12 Lakhs INR). and highly valuable immovable properties in India. As, I want to apply for a visitor visa for the entire family, I have several confusing questions as follows: ( if someone can please guide. Any suggestion would be much appreciated. Especially please guide if anyone has been through such case.

1) Should I put whole family's file altogether or just my parents' file to eliminate the risk of getting rejection? or
2) Should I apply just for my father, mother and brother?
3) Main reason after my confusion is that I really want my parents to visit me this summer. But my father, brother and sister all will be having one month summer leaves. So, I was wondering if I apply for the whole family and if they all get approval then all of them can visit us but i am scared of the fear of getting rejection and spoil the whole case.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) Should I put whole family's file altogether or just my parents' file to eliminate the risk of getting rejection? or
2) Should I apply just for my father, mother and brother?
3) Main reason after my confusion is that I really want my parents to visit me this summer. But my father, brother and sister all will be having one month summer leaves. So, I was wondering if I apply for the whole family and if they all get approval then all of them can visit us but i am scared of the fear of getting rejection and spoil the whole case.
IMO, all visa approvals depend on the strength of your dad's application and his financial situation whether it is your mom, your brother or your sister.

In a hypothetical situation: If your dad does not apply/if he does not submit his documents as supporting evidence for the other applicants' applications then the chances of the others being approved is a big question.

For your mom:
1. Does she own/co-own any property?
2. Does she have her own bank account and financial investments.... any sources of income in her name? Or is she financially dependent on your dad?

For your brother:
1. Why was his study permit refused?
2. Has he traveled to other visa-required countries?

For your sister:
1. When does she complete her MBBS degree?
2. Has she traveled to other visa-required countries?

Last edited:

Amath03

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi @Bryanna: Need your expertise on this.

I am trying to apply for my parents visitor visa but my mom does not have liquid cash in her account. She just has land (our home) on her name. My dad has liquid cash > 1000000 INR but it is his bank account only. He has land on his name as well. Please help!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna: Need your expertise on this.

I am trying to apply for my parents visitor visa but my mom does not have liquid cash in her account. She just has land (our home) on her name. My dad has liquid cash > 1000000 INR but it is his bank account only. He has land on his name as well. Please help!!
Do your parents have any other financial assets? For example: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares/dividends, rental income, etc?

Is it agricultural land? Actively cultivated? Does your dad file the Form J?
Does your mom own the house? Or is it a plot of land?

Reactions: gurpreetaman.Wahla

Amath03

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi Bryanna, thanks for your quick reply.

No they do not have any other financial assets except for FD of 78,000 INR on my mum's name

Our house (built on) has three different registration papers for 3 different lands - one of them is under my mum's name and two of them are under my dad's name.

Also, do we have to translate land papers into English? Do we have to provide an Affidavit mentioning the total assets (cash and immovable assets) ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Saf10
Mar 8, 2018
Do your parents have any other financial assets? For example: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares/dividends, rental income, etc?

Is it agricultural land? Actively cultivated? Does your dad file the Form J?
Does your mom own the house? Or is it a plot of land?

Hello @Bryanna

I need your advice that i am graduating in June 2018 going to apply for my dad , mom and younger brother (studying in India) my questions are

1. Do i need to apply under the same application on CIC account ?
2. My father retired from Govt job so which option i need to choose for online questionnaire ( Business or job ) or just no job or business.

Kindly reply soon

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello @Bryanna

I need your advice that i am graduating in June 2018 going to apply for my dad , mom and younger brother (studying in India) my questions are
Although you haven't posted information, I suggest: Do not apply for your brother (he's young + studying + probably not traveled abroad + your dad is retired/would his post-retirement financial resources be able to afford a visit for 3 persons, etc).

To answer your questions:
1. Do i need to apply under the same application on CIC account ?
New accounts. Your dad will be the principal applicant. Your mom can apply through the same account.

2. My father retired from Govt job so which option i need to choose for online questionnaire ( Business or job ) or just no job or business.
Retired

Mar 8, 2018
Although you haven't posted information, I suggest: Do not apply for your brother (he's young + studying + probably not traveled abroad + your dad is retired/would his post-retirement financial resources be able to afford a visit for 3 persons, etc).

To answer your questions:

New accounts. Your dad will be the principal applicant. Your mom can apply through the same account.

Retired

Thank you so much @Bryanna

One more thing to ask that do i need to select business option to show that my dad is retired from so and so govt job.

for their proof of relationship status that is it enough to upload their passports?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much @Bryanna

One more thing to ask that do i need to select business option to show that my dad is retired from so and so govt job.
If your dad currently has a business then you must select 'Business'. Otherwise, you must select 'Retired' if he is not working nowadays.

for their proof of relationship status that is it enough to upload their passports?
If their passports state each other's names as spouse then yes. And/or you can include your birth certificate or school leaving certificate if it has both their names as your parents (proof of relationship)

Mar 8, 2018
If your dad currently has a business then you must select 'Business'. Otherwise, you must select 'Retired' if he is not working nowadays.

If their passports state each other's names as spouse then yes. And/or you can include your birth certificate or school leaving certificate if it has both their names as your parents (proof of relationship)

Thank you @Bryanna for your valuable advice. I appreciated ....

Amath03

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi @Bryanna hope this text finds you in good spirits.

I have got a question to ask you:

1) I got selected for the PGP sponsorship and i submitted my PR card (on Jan 28, 2019) as proof of PR but unfortunately my PR card got expired in March 2019. Do i have to renew the card and attach it with their PR application or the expired copy will serve the purpose?

2) Also my parents do not have the marriage certificate for their marriage as they got married in 1981 in India. Do u think an affidiavit will suffice the marriage certificate for the PR purposes (same affidiavit i have attached while applying their visitor visa and the visa got approved).

Thanks in advance!!

deniseavg

May 8, 2023
Hi!! I’m just wondering… my brother is going to apply for a tourist visa, can he include our mother, father and youngest brother under his application? Or do they need to make a separate application?