+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parent

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi! My sister lives on rent in canada and is working from the last 6 months. My mother wants to visit her. Could anyone help me know that how can I process my mother's visa from india? Will my sister's rent agreement, last 3 months salary slips and letter of invitation be sufficient documents from her side apart from my mother's documents? Kindly please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! My sister lives on rent in canada and is working from the last 6 months. My mother wants to visit her. Could anyone help me know that how can I process my mother's visa from india? Will my sister's rent agreement, last 3 months salary slips and letter of invitation be sufficient documents from her side apart from my mother's documents? Kindly please help
The visitor visa approval will be based on your mother’s ability to show savings, strong ties to India and previous International travel to countries like UK, US, Australia, etc. Your sister’s information is secondary. Is your sister a Citizen or PR? If she isn’t, your mother doesn’t currently qualify to travel.

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
The visitor visa approval will be based on your mother’s ability to show savings, strong ties to India and previous International travel to countries like UK, US, Australia, etc. Your sister’s information is secondary. Is your sister a Citizen or PR? If she isn’t, your mother doesn’t currently qualify to travel.
Hi, thanks for the inputs. Yes my sister is a PR but my mother has not travelled to any country like US,UK or Australia.
My question is that I do not have any flight or hotel bookings as asked by the online visa application. My mother would be staying with my sister so there is no question of any hotel booking and how do I provide any flight tickets as I need the visa first in order to travel.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, thanks for the inputs. Yes my sister is a PR but my mother has not travelled to any country like US,UK or Australia.
My question is that I do not have any flight or hotel bookings as asked by the online visa application. My mother would be staying with my sister so there is no question of any hotel booking and how do I provide any flight tickets as I need the visa first in order to travel.
You don't to provide any flight tickets. Just print out the flight itinerary.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This means that I should book the flight tickets without the visa in hands?
Definitely a no. You should never book the tickets before visa in hands. Just go to websites such as expedia and get the flight itinerary without finalise the tickets.

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Thanks very much for the deatiled direction.I may get back here if I find any issues while applying it online.I will be thankful if I get to ask you again while being struck in the application. Thanks once again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks very much for the deatiled direction.I may get back here if I find any issues while applying it online.I will be thankful if I get to ask you again while being struck in the application. Thanks once again.
You primarily need to show your mother’s savings, property ownership, etc. If your parents are married your father can provide financial proof and support her travels. TRVs are based on the applicant’s file not the person in Canada. You should include your sisters information but your mother’s profile is more important.

Reactions: asaeed100

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
If your sister is sponsoring her visit including tickets, travel expenses and everything else, she needs to show a very strong bank statement and probably her financial well being in Canada. If mother is going to pay for her visit then she will need to show bank balances, savings etc and not just the minimum, it should be a healthy bank statement so that VO gets satisfied with financial situation. If someone else is paying (son), then he has to include all his details as well. As per your mother, anything on her name will be added bonus. Either kids back home, husband if married or savings, property or anything that shows that her life is well settled back home instead of planning to live in with daughter after getting in to Canada.

Reactions: asaeed100