+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for NON Essential Travel (please post your timeline here) 2021

Ventorro

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hello everyone,
My mom has got visitor visa to Canada.

Are parents on visitor visa allowed to enter Canada or is there restrictions for travellers right n

sasiddiq

Aug 23, 2021
My application is 10 months old. applicants from 2020 are waiting. timeline changes with time. my timeline was 350 days week ago. now showing 180 days. after a week may be again increase
@Aftabshah2565 - Did you get the passport request for your visitor application? I submitted my application on July 25, 2021 and have been waiting since then. If you get any response then please update me at sssasiddiqui@gmail.com. Thanks!

Janemommy

Dec 28, 2020
I sent a webform to SG office checking on my status of tourist visa (Tourism). I got a reply as below :

Quote :
Please be advised that your application is pending officer review. Currently, we are unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization, however our office will contact you if any further information or documentation is required.

Please refer to the link below for more information pertaining to your enquiries:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.
Unquote:

IRCC should not accept applications for tourism in the first place if they have no intention to process it. I have now not seen any new visa issue purely for Tourism purpose (No relatives in Canada). With the current border measure will be in effect until 21 November, 2021, not sure what will happen after that. Is the border tightened again? And our visa application will be in waiting list indefinitely?

Reactions: Camus182

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
I sent a webform to SG office checking on my status of tourist visa (Tourism). I got a reply as below :

Quote :
Please be advised that your application is pending officer review. Currently, we are unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization, however our office will contact you if any further information or documentation is required.

Please refer to the link below for more information pertaining to your enquiries:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.
Unquote:

IRCC should not accept applications for tourism in the first place if they have no intention to process it. I have now not seen any new visa issue purely for Tourism purpose (No relatives in Canada). With the current border measure will be in effect until 21 November, 2021, not sure what will happen after that. Is the border tightened again? And our visa application will be in waiting list indefinitely?
Did they invite you for Biometrics?

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021

Quote :

Unquote:

I agreed on that , the less they could do is be more clear about it , what is the excuse for no process then now that the border is open for tourist. In my opinion is more political than anything.

Reactions: Janemommy

sasiddiq

Aug 23, 2021
I am applying from USA in April - current processing time shows as 34 days - yet been a long wait - just wondering if re-applying would help as my application is getting 6 months old now
Hi Ankitha, did you get any response? I'm in the same boat. I applied for Canada Visitor Visa on July 25th, 2021 from the USA (Bay Area California). It has been almost 2 months now, got NO updates from CIC. Please let me know if you got any response and if you have re-applied or planning to? You can email me at sssasiddiqui@gmail.com if you wanna connect 1:1. Thanks!

gunity

Feb 23, 2017
Got PPR for TRV (Tourism/non essential) today. Applied for a family of 4 from India. First applied through GCKey and then reapplied through the IRCC portal. All 4 travelers are fully vaccinated. Have never applied for any Canadian Visa though all 4 have a valid US visa and travel history.

GCKey
Submitted - Aug 10, 2021
Finger print request - Aug 11, 2021
no further updates

IRCC portal
Submitted - Sept 17, 2021
Finger print request - Sept 18, 2021
Finger print submitted - Sept 22, 2021
Finger print received on portal - Sept 22, 2021
PPR- Sept 29, 2021
There were no updates before PPR

PPR was a pleasant surprise since I was under the impression they are not really processing tourist applications. Hope everyone who’s been waiting for so long get decisions on their files soon.

Janemommy

Dec 28, 2020
Got PPR for TRV (Tourism/non essential) today. Applied for a family of 4 from India. First applied through GCKey and then reapplied through the IRCC portal. All 4 travelers are fully vaccinated. Have never applied for any Canadian Visa though all 4 have a valid US visa and travel history.

GCKey
Submitted - Aug 10, 2021
no further updates

IRCC portal
PPR- Sept 29, 2021

PPR was a pleasant surprise since I was under the impression they are not really processing tourist applications. Hope everyone who’s been waiting for so long get decisions on their files soon.
Congratulations! Such a good news for you and those applied for tourism purpose!

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021

GCKey
Submitted - Aug 10, 2021
no further updates

IRCC portal
PPR- Sept 29, 2021

Congratulations man I am thinking of doing the same, all of your family is vaccinated with an approved Canada vaccine?

Reactions: Sharmaine1130

Rsingh9879

Sep 6, 2021

GCKey
Submitted - Aug 10, 2021
no further updates

IRCC portal
PPR- Sept 29, 2021

Did you apply with updated financial documents during second time?

wafaaawad

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019

GCKey
Submitted - Aug 10, 2021
no further updates

IRCC portal
PPR- Sept 29, 2021

Please help me as am really confused, should I submit webform to inform my current situation and exemption for covid19 or reapply.
Why you decided to reapply

GlowDiv

Sep 29, 2021
Hi folks,

i am also in the same boat with you!!!

my file submitted on 7th June 2021
Biometric done on 13th July 2021

still awaiting for result.
It looks like they don’t want to work on tourist visa (tourism purpose). But I read somewhere in chat if you have USA visa and if you reapply then you will get result.
For tourism Canada open only on website, not by embassy