+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for NON Essential Travel (please post your timeline here) 2021

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021
Hey, guys we are all aware that as today (16/01/2021) NON Essential travel restriction are still in places, but many like me did apply for a tourist visa anyway, or some of you apply for a tourist visa even before the pandemic began. The purpose of this tread is to calculate or have a sense of how long is taking to process this NON essential cases.

Submit application on 15 july 2020
Biometric request 16 july 2020
Biometric done 15 december 2020
Current status review of eligibility

Please share your thought and timeline if you did get your tourist visa for a NON essential reason please also share your timeline as it would help us have a sense of the time it takes

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021
Hi thanks for your reply, yes my guess is that the review of eligibility started almost immediately after biometric was done, because I check status on the same day and it said status updated and I check again almost two days later and the status said submitted, ill like to point out that I was not so sure if it is actually in review of eligibility since it doesn't clearly say that, I'll copy and paste my page

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
December 15, 2020 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Guri079

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi thanks for your reply, yes my guess is that the review of eligibility started almost immediately after biometric was done, because I check status on the same day and it said status updated and I check again almost two days later and the status said submitted, ill like to point out that I was not so sure if it is actually in review of eligibility since it doesn't clearly say that, I'll copy and paste my page

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
December 15, 2020 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My biometrics r done on jan 12 2021. No update yet

NKBawari

Apr 20, 2020
Hey, guys we are all aware that as today (16/01/2021) NON Essential travel restriction are still in places, but many like me did apply for a tourist visa anyway, or some of you apply for a tourist visa even before the pandemic began. The purpose of this tread is to calculate or have a sense of how long is taking to process this NON essential cases.

Please share your thought and timeline if you did get your tourist visa for a NON essential reason please also share your timeline as it would help us have a sense of the time it takes
Applied 19th Mar 2020 with valid biometrics. No update yet.

Reactions: Camus182

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021
It
Does anyone knows whats the average time to make a decision after biometrics done.
Depends
Does anyone knows whats the average time to make a decision after biometrics done.
It depends on what country you are applying for, for example I am applying in Argentina for visitor visa, it currently display 101 days of waiting after biometrics so If a calculate from the day I make my biometric I should be getting an answer by 15 - 25 March if no Sooner, but those are estimated I could be longer or shorter

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

NKBawari

Apr 20, 2020
It

Depends

It depends on what country you are applying for, for example I am applying in Argentina for visitor visa, it currently display 101 days of waiting after biometrics so If a calculate from the day I make my biometric I should be getting an answer by 15 - 25 March if no Sooner, but those are estimated I could be longer or shorter

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
UAE 10 months +

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021
How you have done with biometrics? The biometrics for trv visa are closed from March 2020 to till now. How did you get the appointment? Please reply
it depend on the country you are applying for, as a now vfs vacs for biometric are open and other soon to be open, you can even go to another country other than your country or residence to give biometrics, best of luck for you.

tepla_17

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020

Hi,

May I know what is the NON-Optional(Essential) reason for which you are planning to travel? I am in the similar situation, but I am not sure what non-optional reason a visitor visa holder can give to travel, apart from travelling to Canada with their Spouse?