+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for NON Essential Travel (please post your timeline here) 2021

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021
Hi,

May I know what is the NON-Optional(Essential) reason for which you are planning to travel? I am in the similar situation, but I am not sure what non-optional reason a visitor visa holder can give to travel, apart from travelling to Canada with their Spouse?
Hi there's not such thing as a non-essential option in your tourist visa application,

i am just using this term to differentiate to what other are calling "extended family members visa" or "family reunification visa" those are still tourist visa or in some cases ETA but a family member inside Canada usually a PR holder ask IRCC for a written authorization for their family member to enter to Canada for an optional or discretionary purpose visit,

if you don't apply because you either don't have a family member inside Canada or because you actually would like to go to Canada for business and pleasure them you have to wait for travel restriction to be lifted

in that case you can either wait for travel restriction to be lifted or go ahead an apply as a right now for a regular tourist visa like we all in this thread did, some of us apply for hope or having our tourist visa approved early so we could go do some travel as soon as travel restriction are over and some of us apply before the pandemic began, it is up to you.

Reactions: dahil1975

Anjuli

Jan 18, 2014
Hi there's not such thing as a non-essential option in your tourist visa application,

i am just using this term to differentiate to what other are calling "extended family members visa" or "family reunification visa" those are still tourist visa or in some cases ETA but a family member inside Canada usually a PR holder ask IRCC for a written authorization for their family member to enter to Canada for an optional or discretionary purpose visit,

if you don't apply because you either don't have a family member inside Canada or because you actually would like to go to Canada for business and pleasure them you have to wait for travel restriction to be lifted

in that case you can either wait for travel restriction to be lifted or go ahead an apply as a right now for a regular tourist visa like we all in this thread did, some of us apply for hope or having our tourist visa approved early so we could go do some travel as soon as travel restriction are over and some of us apply before the pandemic began, it is up to you.
Hi,
I want to share my mom's timeline because we are also waiting. I am a Canadian citizen and she has visited few times already. She had visa from 2016-2020 and she had an in person interview to renew her visitor's visa on april 2020 but vacs office + closed due to covid restrictions :( Basically waited all rest of 2020 to see what would happen and as you mentioned, decided to apply online* to see if she could travel After* all this situation is over.

My mother applied online on Dec 18th from abroad Canada.
She got same information that they are processing. It seems it will be a while guys :/

Reactions: Camus182

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021
Hi,
I want to share my mom's timeline because we are also waiting. I am a Canadian citizen and she has visited few times already. She had visa from 2016-2020 and she had an in person interview to renew her visitor's visa on april 2020 but vacs office + closed due to covid restrictions :( Basically waited all rest of 2020 to see what would happen and as you mentioned, decided to apply online* to see if she could travel After* all this situation is over.

My mother applied online on Dec 18th from abroad Canada.
She got same information that they are processing. It seems it will be a while guys :/
HI my friend, yes it Will take some time for these type of applications to be processed, and I mean that we are not a priority as a right now so I makes total sense to take more time than usual, we are not traveling any time soon and we can expect travel restrictions to be lifted probably last quarter of the year? I Mean who knows cases of covid are not getting any better and vaccine are coming slow, so time will tell.

But lest not forget to keep us all updated and hopefully we all get good news.

Do keep us updated on your mom's case if she gets her visa approved lest us know

Reactions: dahil1975

Shin17

Feb 14, 2019
Fiance's TRV application
Application Submitted: Jan 14, 2021
Biometrics requested: Jan. 15
Biometrics done: Jan 25
IMM 006 document will be signed and sent on Feb 1 after notary service appointment

The reason why we filled up the IMM 006 later is because the travel date is July 2021 and the validity of the form is to travel within 6 months.

Mariem Rita

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Following, I'm thinking on applying for visitor visa while waiting for my PR! Not sure if my make sense but I have been ready to fly for 10 months now...

Camus182

Jan 16, 2021
T
Fiance's TRV application
IMM 006 document will be signed and sent on Feb 1 after notary service appointment

The reason why we filled up the IMM 006 later is because the travel date is July 2021 and the validity of the form is to travel within 6 months.
Thank you let us know if anything changes

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Hey, guys we are all aware that as today (16/01/2021) NON Essential travel restriction are still in places, but many like me did apply for a tourist visa anyway, or some of you apply for a tourist visa even before the pandemic began. The purpose of this tread is to calculate or have a sense of how long is taking to process this NON essential cases.

Submit application on 15 july 2020
Biometric request 16 july 2020
Biometric done 15 december 2020
Current status review of eligibility

Please share your thought and timeline if you did get your tourist visa for a NON essential reason please also share your timeline as it would help us have a sense of the time it takes
Applied for my mother from Abu Dhabi and biometrics were approved Aug 16, 2020... no update either.. still reviewing eligibility

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Following, I'm thinking on applying for visitor visa while waiting for my PR! Not sure if my make sense but I have been ready to fly for 10 months now...
You can try. Won’t hurt your sponsorship application but securing a TRV is quite difficult because most spouses don’t actually want to come for a temporary visit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Fiance's TRV application

Would not suggest booking any travel until you have a TRV and special authorization. Hopefully the ticket is fully refundable if either or both get denied.

Shin17

Feb 14, 2019
Would not suggest booking any travel until you have a TRV and special authorization. Hopefully the ticket is fully refundable if either or both get denied.
Yeah, plane ticket is not book yet. He just blocked the date with the agency for a fee. That is only the planned date of travel.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Applied on April 11, 2020 for TRV with valid biometrics. The Visa Office received my application is Turkey. Since April 12 no update. I sent new invitation letter I received in October 2020 by webform and only got an email confirming receiving of my document after a week but nothing change or update on my account.