+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for NON Essential Travel (please post your timeline here) 2021

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Seems like IRCC is asking to re-submit Visitor Visa applications who submitted before Sept 7th.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

I feel they are handling things so bad - even after re-applying there is no guarantee of refund for previous application.. very disgraceful system. Anyone aware of this ? I am not sure if I fall under conditions they mentioned for re-applying as I am just visiting my friend/tourism purposes - but would like to immediately travel once approved.
Re applying will not help, it will further push your application at the end of all pending applications.

Reactions: dahil1975

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Re applying will not help, it will further push your application at the end of all pending applications.
I am applying from USA in April - current processing time shows as 34 days - yet been a long wait - just wondering if re-applying would help as my application is getting 6 months old now

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
I am applying from USA in April - current processing time shows as 34 days - yet been a long wait - just wondering if re-applying would help as my application is getting 6 months old now
My application is 10 months old. applicants from 2020 are waiting. timeline changes with time. my timeline was 350 days week ago. now showing 180 days. after a week may be again increase

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
My application is 10 months old. applicants from 2020 are waiting. timeline changes with time. my timeline was 350 days week ago. now showing 180 days. after a week may be again increase
Oh wow, 10 months is huge wait period for just a visit visa. Anyway good luck !

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Yes, its like that. and what if even waiting for so long, they just simply reject my application. Now only worried about this
May I know from where you applied and your purpose of visit ? Mine is in eligibility review phase rn..I dont think unless there is a complication in applicant profile, they don't issue rejections. Don't worry much.

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
May I know from where you applied and your purpose of visit ? Mine is in eligibility review phase rn..I dont think unless there is a complication in applicant profile, they don't issue rejections. Don't worry much.
I applied from UAE. my status is
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need additional documents.
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Seems like IRCC is asking to re-submit Visitor Visa applications who submitted before Sept 7th.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

I feel they are handling things so bad - even after re-applying there is no guarantee of refund for previous application.. very disgraceful system. Anyone aware of this ? I am not sure if I fall under conditions they mentioned for re-applying as I am just visiting my friend/tourism purposes - but would like to immediately travel once approved.
same situation, we might need to re apply :(

Janemommy

Dec 28, 2020
My tourist visa application timeline :
Application date : 27 Nov 2020
Biometric Done : 4 Dec 2020
Status only background check, not even starting the eligibility…….

I was hoping they will expedite the tourist visa after they open the border for non-essential travel, but end up disappointed after the update yesterday. My passport is going to expire in Dec, 2022. My last hope is to get the visa and travel in Oct, 2022.
But now I am wondering if I should withdraw my application and re-apply only after I renew my passport……

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
My tourist visa application timeline :
Application date : 27 Nov 2020
Biometric Done : 4 Dec 2020
Status only background check, not even starting the eligibility…….

I was hoping they will expedite the tourist visa after they open the border for non-essential travel, but end up disappointed after the update yesterday. My passport is going to expire in Dec, 2022. My last hope is to get the visa and travel in Oct, 2022.
But now I am wondering if I should withdraw my application and re-apply only after I renew my passport……
if you need to travel to Canada right now, then they advised that you need to re apply. but i do get as well there's no guarantee if our application will be prioritized. they don't want to start from scratch with the backlogs pre and during the pandemic, hence the update.

Janemommy

Dec 28, 2020
if you need to travel to Canada right now, then they advised that you need to re apply. but i do get as well there's no guarantee if our application will be prioritized. they don't want to start from scratch with the backlogs pre and during the pandemic, hence the update.
Since tourism purpose is not suggested by IRCC to re-apply, and it is no guarantee of refund, I have no choice and will just wait then……

Renuka venkatesan

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
same situation, we might need to re apply :(
but we need to resubmit only if we fall under any one of the reason given below right?

If you’re waiting for a decision and need to travel to Canada
If you submitted your application before September 7, 2021, we recommend you submit a new application via the IRCC Portal if you’re travelling for one of the following reasons:

• to unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  • to unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
  • to unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.
  • to visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
  • to attend an end-of-life ceremony or funeral
  • to be present during the final moments of life of a loved one
  • to provide care to a critically ill person
  • to join a vessel as a marine crew member
  • to assume a posting as a diplomat or to travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on posting who will also be accredited in Canada
  • to handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
Make sure to include up-to-date information and, if possible, your previous application number.

By submitting a new application, your previous visitor visa application will be withdrawn. There is no guarantee of a refund, and you won’t receive a letter to confirm that your application has been withdrawn.