Explorer77

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian PR and planning to invite my mother on a TR visa so that she can meet me. She is fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine and has sufficient funds in her bank account in India (I have been helping her financially). She has also travelled to the UK a couple of years ago. It was a short trip for 2 weeks.

The problem however is proving her "economic and social ties" with India. She doesn't have a property in her name or any employment. She takes care of my grandma, who needs medical attention.

My question(s) are:

1. While applying for her visa, can we answer "Yes" to the question - Do you depend on someone else for financial support?
2. How do I prove strong ties to India (economic and social)? What kind of documents will I have to attach?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian PR and planning to invite my mother on a TR visa so that she can meet me. She is fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine and has sufficient funds in her bank account in India (I have been helping her financially). She has also travelled to the UK a couple of years ago. It was a short trip for 2 weeks.

The problem however is proving her "economic and social ties" with India. She doesn't have a property in her name or any employment. She takes care of my grandma, who needs medical attention.

My question(s) are:

1. While applying for her visa, can we answer "Yes" to the question - Do you depend on someone else for financial support?
2. How do I prove strong ties to India (economic and social)? What kind of documents will I have to attach?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you help her financially yes she must answer yes. You can provide proof that she cares for her mother if she is not staying in Canada for a long time. If she wants to remain for months then she isn’t needed to care for her mother. She must have a home so does she have a lease if she doesn’t own. That would provide ties. Does she need to be in India a certain amount of times per year to collect a pension? That would provide a tie.