+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my sister her Family.

Enice

Aug 16, 2018
Good Morning,

I am inviting my sister and her family to visit here in Alberta, and I was wondering if I can used my bank statement to show on their application? My sister is a fulltime mom and her husband works as a nursing in aide in the PH. I am will be providing them everything here once they arrived.

Hope anyone can answer.
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning,

I am inviting my sister and her family to visit here in Alberta, and I was wondering if I can used my bank statement to show on their application? My sister is a fulltime mom and her husband works as a nursing in aide in the PH. I am will be providing them everything here once they arrived.

Hope anyone can answer.
Thanks
You can but the applicants's financial proofs shall also be submitted. They need to prove that they can provide their flight tickets & accommodation expenses as well. How long are they planning to stay?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good Morning,

Hope anyone can answer.
Thanks
In general for TRVs the visitor’s finances are the most important. Although you can include proof of your savings it is unlikely to be considered especially in the case of supporting the entire visit of a sibling and their family. I assume your sister’s family has minimal saving if the family is only living off of the the salary of a nursing aide. Getting approved for TRVs, especially the whole family, will be very difficult if not impossible. There is no harm in trying but have realistic expectations when it comes to the probability of approval. If their family wants to immigrate or work in Canada there is a need for PSWs. They would need to research programs that target PSWs where there isn’t a need for POF. This usually requires having a job offer. You’d also have to research whether the nursing aide designation in the Philippines allows someone to work as a PSW in Canada. Being a PSW is a demanding job and unfortunately doesn’t pay very well so if they would like to come to Canada both parent would likely have to work.