+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my mother from - URGENT QUESTIONS! PLEASE HELP!

Evski

Jan 19, 2016
Hi guys! I hope you can help me out.

Im a PR in Canada and Ive been living here for almost 8 years and finally I want my mam to come and visit me here. My mam lives and works in Russia. She is divorced and takes care of my grandma.

My first question is does she need to provide any divorce papers when applying for visitor visa? can they request it?

Secondly, as I understood right from the previous topics - it is important to show them sufficient funds. So I would say that she will come only for 2-3 weeks because my grandma cant stay all by herself for a long time. Will CIC issue a visa exactly for two or three weeks, or they can issue it for longer period, lets say 1 year or so?

I was also hoping that when she comes here we can go away for a week. So, my third question is will this visa be a single entry or multiply entry?

Please share your experience and advise.

Appreciate your help!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Evski said:
My first question is does she need to provide any divorce papers when applying for visitor visa? can they request it?
They can ask for evidence of anything you claim.

Evski said:
Secondly, as I understood right from the previous topics - it is important to show them sufficient funds. So I would say that she will come only for 2-3 weeks because my grandma cant stay all by herself for a long time. Will CIC issue a visa exactly for two or three weeks, or they can issue it for longer period, lets say 1 year or so?
That your mother needs to take care of your grandma is no proof of funds. In any case it would be proof fo ties to home country, but it will be difficult to use it at all.

The TRV can be issued for less, equal or more than you ask for, depends on how solid your case is.

Evski said:
I was also hoping that when she comes here we can go away for a week. So, my third question is will this visa be a single entry or multiply entry?
The TRV can be multiple or single depending on your needs and how solid your case is.