+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my mom

Ess57

Jan 10, 2024
I am considering applying for again visitor visa for my mom. I am currently a Permanent Resident, having previously been a refugee. My earlier visitor visa application for my mom was rejected due to concerns about ties to her home country and financial stability, with the officer doubting her intention to return according to GCMS notes. However, my stepdad, who requires medical attention, and my sister reside with her, which are compelling reasons for her return, I will add the medical records to the new application. Additionally, I provided her bank statements and mine, assuring financial responsibility during her stay in Canada. What are the chances of success for this application? Or would applying for a super visa increase the likelihood of approval for my mom’s visit?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am considering applying for again visitor visa for my mom. I am currently a Permanent Resident, having previously been a refugee. My earlier visitor visa application for my mom was rejected due to concerns about ties to her home country and financial stability, with the officer doubting her intention to return according to GCMS notes. However, my stepdad, who requires medical attention, and my sister reside with her, which are compelling reasons for her return, I will add the medical records to the new application. Additionally, I provided her bank statements and mine, assuring financial responsibility during her stay in Canada. What are the chances of success for this application? Or would applying for a super visa increase the likelihood of approval for my mom’s visit?
The fact that she may apply for asylum is the big issue and also sounds like funds may be an issue. Is your sister under 22 and unmarried? If not she isn’t a tie. If she does not have the funds to support her own travels you are better off trying to secure a supervisa. There are no guarantees that she will be approved for either visas. There are significant repercussions when you apply for asylum even when approved so when people claim it is an easy way to get PR and have other immigration options it can be so frustrating.