+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my mom

tru_north

Sep 24, 2018
Good afternoon everyone,

I am 8 months pregnant and I would like to have my mom with me during my last few weeks and during delivery. My mom is retired and has monthly income from here retirement fund. She also owns a house under her name back home.

My mom will get proof of the house ownership and her monthly income. She will also have a two way ticket with dates of her visit. I will also provide her with an invitation letter.

I am currently not working but my husband is working and he has a good annual income.

Could you guys help me in my application to have it be a successful application and not get rejected.

Is there anything that I need to do or provide to have a higher success rate. Is there any sample invitation letters that I could look at?

Really appreciate your help and support.

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good afternoon everyone,

I am 8 months pregnant and I would like to have my mom with me during my last few weeks and during delivery. My mom is retired and has monthly income from here retirement fund. She also owns a house under her name back home.

My mom will get proof of the house ownership and her monthly income. She will also have a two way ticket with dates of her visit. I will also provide her with an invitation letter.

I am currently not working but my husband is working and he has a good annual income.

Could you guys help me in my application to have it be a successful application and not get rejected.

Is there anything that I need to do or provide to have a higher success rate. Is there any sample invitation letters that I could look at?

Thanks,
As much as we can help you, no one can guarantee a successful application. You can only minimize the risks of a TRV refusal at best.

1. You would NOT want to state that she is visiting to take care of your/your newborn. Nothing about your pregnancy, moral support at childbirth, want to celebrate the birth of her grandchild, or anything similar.

2. Do post the list of documents your mom will be submitting (host and applicant).

3. Do not buy tickets until the visa is issued.

4. What ties can your mom prove: Any dependent family members who live with her? Property is rented? Loans or mortgages? Does she volunteer for social or charity causes? Does she need to return to renew her pension?

5. Has she traveled to other visa-required countries?

6. What compelling reasons can she mention to return to her home country?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks,
I wouldn't buy tickets before you get an approved visa.
Also not sure if its a good idea to mention you are pregnant and that your mother is coming to help care for you and your child.

How long do you want her to be here with you? If you prefer her to stay with you for a longer period of time I would suggest a super visa. In my opinion I think its easier to get than a regular visitor visa because there is more focus on your(and your husbands) financial situation than your mothers. You would have to meet the minimum income requirements, buy medical insurance and your mom would have to do a medical. So if you want to talk about success rate, I think super visa is a better option, but again my opinion maybe others will chime in here.

If you do not want to go that route and genuinely only want your mother here for a short period, I would search posts made by Bryanna, she explains what you need to do very well on this forum.

EDIT: Bryanna just posted before me LOL

Reactions: Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wouldn't buy tickets before you get an approved visa.
Also not sure if its a good idea to mention you are pregnant and that your mother is coming to help care for you and your child.

How long do you want her to be here with you? If you prefer her to stay with you for a longer period of time I would suggest a super visa. In my opinion I think its easier to get than a regular visitor visa because there is more focus on your(and your husbands) financial situation than your mothers. You would have to meet the minimum income requirements, buy medical insurance and your mom would have to do a medical. So if you want to talk about success rate, I think super visa is a better option, but again my opinion maybe others will chime in here.

If you do not want to go that route and genuinely only want your mother here for a short period, I would search posts made by Bryanna, she explains what you need to do very well on this forum.

EDIT: Bryanna just posted before me LOL
We're both on the same page (quite literally + for the advice) :)

Agreed. A super visa would be the better option if the OP and/or her husband are eligible to apply for one. The only downside is OP is 8 months pregnant. Not sure which country her mom is applying from.... and a super visa may take longer in terms of processing time

Hopeful-Chy

Nov 10, 2017
Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks,

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone.... am in same situation. I'm six months pregnant and want to invite my mum and dad and siblings to all come spend time with me at Christmas/ New year which is when am likely to put to bed.
I requested a doctor report to show that I'm pregnant and intend to apply for tgem on the fact that am pregnant and need family around me for support.
My dad will be the one to sponsor their visit financially as am still new to Canada and dont have substantial income. so i will attach his bank/statement info.

Am confused why you guys saying we cant apply on basis of pregnancy....is canadian govt not in support of families supporting loved ones at such times?

I will appreciate your kind responses. Thanks

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi everyone.... am in same situation. I'm six months pregnant and want to invite my mum and dad and siblings to all come spend time with me at Christmas/ New year which is when am likely to put to bed.
I requested a doctor report to show that I'm pregnant and intend to apply for tgem on the fact that am pregnant and need family around me for support.
My dad will be the one to sponsor their visit financially as am still new to Canada and dont have substantial income. so i will attach his bank/statement info.

Am confused why you guys saying we cant apply on basis of pregnancy....is canadian govt not in support of families supporting loved ones at such times?

They might think your parents or mom will over stay to help you take care of the child. You do not have substantial income yet and are new to Canada so what will happen after your mat leave is over? They might think your mom is going to stay at home with the kid while you work.

Also having your parents come and take care of you or your kids is considered working. I know its stupid and in my culture that is just the way we do things, parents help raise grandchildren. But the Canadian govt sees that as taking a job away from a Canadian, like a babysitter or day care center.

For a visitor visa it is their financial situation that will be important not yours. They must be able to provide for themselves without your support. So you will definitely have to provide your fathers bank information that is more important than yours.

tru_north

Sep 24, 2018
As much as we can help you, no one can guarantee a successful application. You can only minimize the risks of a TRV refusal at best.

1. You would NOT want to state that she is visiting to take care of your/your newborn. Nothing about your pregnancy, moral support at childbirth, want to celebrate the birth of her grandchild, or anything similar.

2. Do post the list of documents your mom will be submitting (host and applicant).

3. Do not buy tickets until the visa is issued.

4. What ties can your mom prove: Any dependent family members who live with her? Property is rented? Loans or mortgages? Does she volunteer for social or charity causes? Does she need to return to renew her pension?

5. Has she traveled to other visa-required countries?

6. What compelling reasons can she mention to return to her home country?

Hi Bryanna,

thanks for your help, as for your questions:

1) I can just have a generic invitation letter and nothing about pregnancy. I genuinely just want her to be here for few weeks as she has family and home to take care of back home
2) My mom can provide house ownership under her name, family members back home who depends on her, monthly income from pension
3) will not buy
5) This might be the weak point as she haven't traveled to visa-required countries before

Sorry forgot to mention, I am PR and my husband is Canadian Citizen.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

IMO, you must apply only for your mom or else for your parents.... only IF each of them can individually prove they have reasons to return to their home country. I would not recommend applying for your siblings if they are financially dependent on your dad. If your entire family applies, the chances of TRV refusals would be pretty high for all/some of them as they will overstay their visit.

Taking care of you and your newborn is considered as working illegally

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

thanks for your help, as for your questions:

1) I can just have a generic invitation letter and nothing about pregnancy. I genuinely just want her to be here for few weeks as she has family and home to take care of back home
2) My mom can provide house ownership under her name, family members back home who depends on her, monthly income from pension
3) will not buy
5) This might be the weak point as she haven't traveled to visa-required countries before

Sorry forgot to mention, I am PR and my husband is Canadian Citizen.
Do post the list of documents that she will be submitting