+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my dad was denied. Need help!

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hi

My dad just now received his refusal letter and below are the reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

We had submitted his bank statements ( with almost 4 lakhs INR), his pension statements ( gets almsot 60k a month) and he also pays tax there. Along with his my employment docs, bank statements, income proof etc was also attached.
He lives with my brother ( brother owns the house) in India.

Please help what will help to make the application stronger and reapply.

Is applying for super visa easier than this?

Thanks
Gayathri

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

My dad just now received his refusal letter and below are the reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

We had submitted his bank statements ( with almost 4 lakhs INR), his pension statements ( gets almsot 60k a month) and he also pays tax there. Along with his my employment docs, bank statements, income proof etc was also attached.
He lives with my brother ( brother owns the house) in India.

Please help what will help to make the application stronger and reapply.

Is applying for super visa easier than this?

Thanks
Gayathri
1. What was the purpose of his visit and for how long?

2. Was the bank balance earned by him?

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
1. What was the purpose of his visit and for how long?

2. Was the bank balance earned by him?
Purpose of visit was to spend time with us and grand daughter and visit important tourist locations

yes, it is entirely earned by him, its his pension

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Purpose of visit was to spend time with us and grand daughter and visit important tourist locations

yes, it is entirely earned by him, its his pension
1. How long did he want to visit?

2. Did he submit a detailed day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates?

3. What reasons did he prove to return to India?

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
How long did he want to visit?- 1 month

2. Did he submit a detailed day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates?- did not give a day-by-day plan. He showed around $7k cad. can you give me a sample of day-to-day visits?

3. What reasons did he prove to return to India?- did not provide any reason as such. Now to think of it , he can mention that he needs to be back to renew his pension ( sign life certificate in Nov to ensure pension comes), secondly he lives with my brother , so can that be a good tie to go back to?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
How long did he want to visit?- 1 month

2. Did he submit a detailed day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates?- did not give a day-by-day plan. He showed around $7k cad. can you give me a sample of day-to-day visits?
Do search this forum.

3. What reasons did he prove to return to India?- did not provide any reason as such. Now to think of it , he can mention that he needs to be back to renew his pension ( sign life certificate in Nov to ensure pension comes), secondly he lives with my brother , so can that be a good tie to go back to?
1. Pension renewal can be one reason.

That said, it seems your dad saves most of the pension he gets. Maybe your brother takes care of your dad's expenses (?).

So, the pension does not really impact your dad's life from a visa perspective. Nonetheless it can be included as a reason to return home.

2. Does your dad have any financial investments?

3. Does he have any loans or mortgages?

4. Does he get any other post-retirement benefits?

5. Is your brother unmarried and relatively young? Does he depend on your dad for anything?

6. Any other compelling reason for your dad to return to India?

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Pension renewal can be one reason.

That said, it seems your dad saves most of the pension he gets. Maybe your brother takes care of your dad's expenses (?).

So, the pension does not really impact your dad's life from a visa perspective. Nonetheless it can be included as a reason to return home.
> He takes care of most of his expenses, he has been a pensioner for more than year now and the amount he has saved is not really so much as compared to the pension he gets.

> He may have some stock market investments, not sure about it though.

> Nope, may be credit card.

> he get medical benefits as part of the central govt. scheme.

5. Is your brother unmarried and relatively young? Does he depend on your dad for anything?
> He is married, his wife is in sweden. My dad probably pays some bills living with my brother.

> there may be a impending wedding in the family, but cannot show any proof yet.
> My mother's annual death ceremony is on August. and he wants to be back for that for religious reasons

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pension renewal can be one reason.

> He takes care of most of his expenses, he has been a pensioner for more than year now and the amount he has saved is not really so much as compared to the pension he gets.

> He may have some stock market investments, not sure about it though.

> Nope, may be credit card.

> He is married, his wife is in sweden. My dad probably pays some bills living with my brother.

> there may be a impending wedding in the family, but cannot show any proof yet.
> My mother's annual death ceremony is on August. and he wants to be back for that for religious reasons
Maybe you should check with your dad and then repost the answers.

Btw your brother is not a dependent family member for your dad to return to

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hi Bryanna

I spoke to my father!

He takes care of most of his expenses, he has been a pensioner for more than year now and the amount he has saved is not really so much as compared to the pension he gets.

> No
> No