+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my brother in India

ravi_kumarn

Sep 14, 2010
Hi
If anyone could me in this regard, I will be grateful and thankful.
I applied for my elder brother to visit us in Canada 4 times and all along he was refused. The case is he is unemployed and divorced. Though he is a graduate in Mechanical engineering, he has been unemployed for more than 5 years. He cant sustain a job for more than 6 months and has been undergoing psychological treatment with a pyschiatrist for more than 10 years. He is stable and can do his work on his own. I want him to visit us in Canada but unfortunately its been rejected for 4 times stating the reason as no income, no family ties in India, no travel history. I tried to address the issue by stating that he has property in India which he is taking care of and also parents are in India but of no luck.
I and my parents are in a position where he cannot be left alone in India for my parents to travel to Canada though they have a multiple entry visa to Canada.
Can someone suggest me on how to get a Visitor Visa for my brother to travel to Canada. We dont have any plans of having him here in Canada more than the permitted time period of visit.

Any suggestions or help will be great.

Thanks
Ravi

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a tough one but his lack of employment is the biggest issue. Until he addresses this he will keep getting bounced and you will keep losing your application fees. The property in itself while a tie isn't necessarily strong enough...he can sell his property or can have some one run it for him if he decides to stay in Canada even if this illegal. While you may have good intentions in declaring he will not breach his visa condition there is no way this is enforceable. Is there some way you can visit him instead?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The fact that he has been refused four times already will work against him.... you can expect any future applications to be scrutinized more closely.... as this could appear as *desperately* wanting to get a TRV.

You must prove you have addressed the reasons for the previous refusals.... otherwise there is no point in reapplying.

You mentioned that your brother can do work on his own.... as a mechanical engineer, can he start some business/entrepreneurship (registered, pay taxes, etc) for 8-10 months at the least before he applies the next time? Or even work in partnership with someone?

Or can he enroll for a study program (it's the start of the academic year right now).... attend classes for a few months before he applies? It should not be an online course/distance study program though.

As your parents will worry if they leave your brother alone in India, can he be left in the care of relatives/friends for the duration of their visit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no point reapplying until you brother's circumstances change significantly. It may be worth reapplying once he has a permanent and full time job and has been in that job for at least six months. Until then, I think you are wasting your time and money.

ravi_kumarn

Sep 14, 2010
Thank you all for your suggestions and replies.

The issue is my brother is attending a psychiatrist due to some psychological issues he faced early in his career. Due to that he is affected mentally and cant be reliable to continue in a job. So, he has been unemployed for long.

Would getting a Doctor or psychiatric certificate help his case? My parents tried leaving him behind and visiting us for 3 months but it was not a good move. My brother was not particularly happy and so were my parents. Had to undergo the mental trauma with no peace of mind during their stay in Canada. That's the reason, I am trying to get him the TRV also.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's highly unlikely the letter will help. If anything, it will probably make the situation even worse and reduce the chances of approval even further. Is there someone your brother can stay with while your parents vitis Canada? If not, then you should change your plans and visit them instead.