+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my brother from Pakistan

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi I am planning to invite my brother to visit canada for my daughters 2nd birthday. My mom has come health issues and cant travel and my father pased away. My brother is like my father and did alot for us. I really want him to come and visit and enjoy some moments with me here in Canada. I want to support his trip. My question is do they really need to show their bank statement even tough i will be the one suppoorting his trip? what about those who who doesnt have enough but want to explore country coz their family member lives there. someone ha sgone through this? do i need to apply behalf of him in IRCC portal or he has to make his own account?

plz share your ecperience to me.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Hi I am planning to invite my brother to visit canada for my daughters 2nd birthday. My mom has come health issues and cant travel and my father pased away. My brother is like my father and did alot for us. I really want him to come and visit and enjoy some moments with me here in Canada. I want to support his trip. My question is do they really need to show their bank statement even tough i will be the one suppoorting his trip? what about those who who doesnt have enough but want to explore country coz their family member lives there. someone ha sgone through this? do i need to apply behalf of him in IRCC portal or he has to make his own account?

what is your brother profile
1.Job employment and salary comes every month
2. 6 month bank statment + bank Balance at least $ 30 to 40K
3. Travel History.
4.Family Ties with country.
You can go for apply
otherwise very low chance to get visa

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
3. Travel History.
You can go for apply
so u r saying only people who have money who is already rich only those need to come and visit their family in canada otherwise the rest can stay home

Fahad Rajput

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hyderabad,Sindh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Look! As you told us you are going to sponser him at this point you are in good position. but what ircc and others countries rules said ! Although someone sponser a person but to qualify for a visa a person himself in person qualify in the immigration rules. Please keep in mind if you have enough money ties in Canada but your brother wont outside Canada they will doubt him and straight away refused him. Share your brother profile as well may be someone here including me help you Thanks

Ali2032

Star Member
May 21, 2023

I think u can pay for your brothers trip. Bcz when u apply for visa there is 1 question who ll pay for visit. If ur brother ll enter ur name as a sponsership for payment the u need to send ur bank statement.

Reactions: tommy_2k23

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Leaving mother in Pakistan is a strong home tie. Is he married? Do you have other siblings in Pakistan? if your brother is single what age. Any travel history. It is not about money and all; it is overall profile of the applicant. visitor visa is a non immigant visa that means when a visa officer opens your file they already assume that you will immigrate there. Now to eliminate this impression you have to provide enough evidence to negate it. Good luck also plays a little bit role.

How can you do it?

1. stable job
2. property ownership on applicants name
3. Travel history to devloped countries for example, UK, Australia, USA etc
4. Leaving father or mather behaind who might be house maker and dependent on son's care.

Provide complete profile then people can advise you how to present your case. Also your funds should cover the length of the stay + airfares+meals, tourist activities etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Bornlucky

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
My brother is in his 50 and has 4 kids and he is the oldest one. I have total 8 siblings a very huge family and I know I can’t invite everyone to visit but atleast my brother who is like my father as I don’t have my father anymore and really want him to come and visit me and enjoy few moments of life with me. I want to apply for my
Mom too coz she has health issues I can apply my brother as well to accompany him atleast this way they might give him visit visa

Reactions: tommy_2k23

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
My brother is in his 50 and has 4 kids and he is the oldest one. I have total 8 siblings a very huge family and I know I can’t invite everyone to visit but atleast my brother who is like my father as I don’t have my father anymore and really want him to come and visit me and enjoy few moments of life with me. I want to apply for my
Mom too coz she has health issues I can apply my brother as well to accompany him atleast this way they might give him visit visa
is he working in Pakistan since he is 50? What is his financial position in Pakistan? if you want to be a sole sponsor, what are your funds? What is your financial strength? Can you afford his stay for a week? It will decide which sponsor will be better. Visa is guaranteed for the expiry of the passport. Please dont make a mistake of writing 3 weeks,1 month duration. It is considered Long trip. A week or two is acceptable. Visa officer judges these little points to assess applicants intention.

He has good home ties kids wife mother all live in Pakistan. For a week trip, minimum 5000 CAD is required. If this amount is available in his Pakistan bank account, he can be a self sponsor.

He has to write a good cover letter why would he come back to Pakistan after meeting you. Reasons could be Kids are going to school in Pakistan. Taking care of House rent/property. Wife. Taking care of ill mother.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
3. Travel History.
You can go for apply
You definitely don’t need 30-40k in savings

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are all your other siblings living in Pakistan? Are you trying to invite your mother too or just your brother? What type of medical issues does she have? Could she pass a medical? Would you be able to pay for medical care if she needed healthcare in Canada. Travel medical insurance usually does’t cover pre-existing conditions that are currently being treated.