+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother.

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
I applied for the visa. I attached Invitation letter, Letter of Financial Support, Property Documents and rental agreement according to which my mother gets a month rental income. The response was in 10 Days with a visa refusal.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

What do i do?
what was the purpose of visit that you write?

Reactions: wahajhasan

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
What are ties to return? How long was visit?
She is head of the family over there. A son, his wife and son lives with her and two daughters and their 4 sons and daughter are there. She has one brother and sister living there. She is retired so no job. Visit was for two months.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi All,

I was applying for a visitor visa for my mother. Just wanted to know which option to select from why you need a visa, it seems that for parents or grandparents its shows only the super visa option. I am applying on her behalf. Below is the question and options for applying visa options;

Why do you need a visa? (required)
To be with a loved one who is critically ill or dying
To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support
To attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony
To join a vessel as a marine crew member
To take up a diplomatic posting in Canada
To travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
To visit Canada as a tourist
To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker
To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)
For business reasons, like a meeting, conference, event, or training For a medical procedure (scheduled) or treatment
To study without a permit for less than 6 months
To work without a permit
Not sure

Also, how to make my case strong since i have been rejected once for not having strong ties to home country. Thank you all. Really appreciate it.
@Naturgrl Does it really matter if we choose "To visit Canada as a tourist" or "To visit non dependent child who is a PR of Canada" ??

I am in process of applying for my mother. She is a widow and I am the only child. But she does have 68K CAD worth of money to show in her bank accounts spread berween savings, deposits and provident fund. She is also receiving monthly pension here in India. We also joint own a house in India where she is currently residing

I believe this does demonsrtra that she has strong ties to India. She also has to be physically present hersel each year to continue to receive her pensions

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Naturgrl Does it really matter if we choose "To visit Canada as a tourist" or "To visit non dependent child who is a PR of Canada" ??

I am in process of applying for my mother. She is a widow and I am the only child. But she does have 68K CAD worth of money to show in her bank accounts spread berween savings, deposits and provident fund. She is also receiving monthly pension here in India. We also joint own a house in India where she is currently residing

I believe this does demonsrtra that she has strong ties to India. She also has to be physically present hersel each year to continue to receive her pensions
Yes it can make a difference. You should indicate that she is visiting Canada she is not a tourist coming to explore Canada like other visitors.

Reactions: Naturgrl

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Yes it can make a difference. You should indicate that she is visiting Canada she is not a tourist coming to explore Canada like other visitors.
I am sorry not sure I understand what you meant here?

Do you mean choosing visiting Canada as a tourist is better option to choose than choosing to visit non dependent child who is PR?

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I am sorry not sure I understand what you meant here?

Do you mean choosing visiting Canada as a tourist is better option to choose than choosing to visit non dependent child who is PR?
@canuck78 Could you please clarify on what you were trying to say here ?

You should indicate that she is visiting Canada she is not a tourist coming to explore Canada like other visitors.

Do you mean its better to choose "Visit Canada as a tourist" rather than "To visit non dependent child who is PR? "

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@canuck78 Could you please clarify on what you were trying to say here ?

You should indicate that she is visiting Canada she is not a tourist coming to explore Canada like other visitors.

Do you mean its better to choose "Visit Canada as a tourist" rather than "To visit non dependent child who is PR? "
Choose the latter - visiting family members in Canada.

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
She is head of the family over there. A son, his wife and son lives with her and two daughters and their 4 sons and daughter are there. She has one brother and sister living there. She is retired so no job. Visit was for two months.
How do i show strong ties?

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
Provide proof that she is head (despite retired so no job) of the family over there.
i Showed the house ownership document (that is in her name) in which she and my brother family life. I showed rental agreement that was in her name.

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
PKR 900,000 annually from rent.
Hello, Just wanted to confirm with you, you applied for Super visa (Parent & grandparent) sponsorship or visit visa ?
AFAIK for visitor visa they are more picky about the financial health of the applicant, while with parent/grandparent visa it depends on the child with pr/citizenship's financial ability to help with stay.
Plus other things as well.

Reactions: wahajhasan