+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother-in-law few Questions.

gingerboo

Mar 21, 2019
Hello,

I am applying for my Visitor visa for my mother in law to visit us and to support us as my wife is pregnant. I have few question and doubts if you guys can help me with this, that would be great.

1) Should I invite her or my wife should? P.S. I have higher income
2) My mother in law is house wife and never worker so, she is dependent on my father in law. though, she files for income tax every year So, What documents should I submit in terms finance and family ties? Can we attach letter of support (Affidavit) from my father in law stating that he will support for entire trip expenses and all other finance document such as bank statements, properties and income tax returns?
3) what should I mention in Invitation letter in terms of family ties and purpose of visit.

Thank you in advance

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hello,

I am applying for my Visitor visa for my mother in law to visit us and to support us as my wife is pregnant. I have few question and doubts if you guys can help me with this, that would be great.

1) Should I invite her or my wife should? P.S. I have higher income
2) My mother in law is house wife and never worker so, she is dependent on my father in law. though, she files for income tax every year So, What documents should I submit in terms finance and family ties? Can we attach letter of support (Affidavit) from my father in law stating that he will support for entire trip expenses and all other finance document such as bank statements, properties and income tax returns?
3) what should I mention in Invitation letter in terms of family ties and purpose of visit.

Thank you in advance
your wife should invite and you can also include your finances together. Yes her husband can provide support from her side, him not coming and staying back is actually a good tie to back home so I would mention that.
for purpose of visit do not indicate that she is coming to take care of your kid as that often can be seen as illegal work even though it is family and you will not pay her. Instead for purpose you can say she wants to come visit her daughter.