+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother Approved, Kid In Progress

sowmyaks

Apr 13, 2021
Hi,

Did you send your passport already or waiting for your daughter's PPR letter to send both of them together. Also, I heard that VFS offices are closed from today and also the Delhi consulate. This will further delay the passport submission process.
I already sent it and received the TRV back. Only waiting for my daughter's application. Yes, agree - this will further delay the stamping :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thats Good. Yes it's stressful
It's somewhat unusual that it has been 2 weeks if it is for a TRV. Was the TRV on the same application? When does your husband's WP end? The fact that you didn't apply for an OWP could be an issue because an OWP is really the recommended permit for spouses of WP holders even if they aren't working. A TRV is just for temporary visits. Some have been denied authorization to travel because a TRV would indicate they are not planning on moving to Canada permanently. There isn't a ton of consistency so these things are a bit hit or miss.

New Delhi shutting down and I assume more closures will likely create more delays for all Indian applications. There may be a push for more travel restrictions when it comes to flights from India. We have already seen some more restrictions put in place by other countries. In general these days you can't count on travel in or out of Canada without potential delays.

MFMsgk

Jul 7, 2017
Dear Group,

My husband is a temporary foreign worker in Canada and we raised dept. visitor visa with priority processing on Dec 2020. My dept. visitor visa is gone to the next stage (passport request). However, my daughter's dept. visa application is still in progress. It's been 2 weeks since I got my approval and am little anxious. Does any one undergone similar approval process. Please suggest.
hi, I am in similar situation now, so what happened with you application?

ZAVHI

Aug 5, 2022
Hi, i am experiencing then same right now. Parents already got the PPR about a week ago, but daughter’s application is still in progress. Could you pls update me on your daughter’s visa? Did you received it? What actions did you make? Thank you for your time.