+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother Approved, Kid In Progress

sowmyaks

Apr 13, 2021
Dear Group,

My husband is a temporary foreign worker in Canada and we raised dept. visitor visa with priority processing on Dec 2020. My dept. visitor visa is gone to the next stage (passport request). However, my daughter's dept. visa application is still in progress. It's been 2 weeks since I got my approval and am little anxious. Does any one undergone similar approval process. Please suggest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no such thing as a dependent visa. Do you mean visitor visa? There is no priority processing & depends where you live so you will need to wait. If past processing times for your country, you can raise a webform. You also need written authorization to travel.

sowmyaks

Apr 13, 2021
There is no such thing as a dependent visa. Do you mean visitor visa? There is no priority processing & depends where you live so you will need to wait. If past processing times for your country, you can raise a webform. You also need written authorization to travel.
It's visitor visa. I quoted it just as a descriptive statement. While submitting the visa application, we can indicate to consider for priority processing under certain grounds as per my consulting partner which I know it doesn't guarantee any priority processing. I already raised a web form and I already got written authorization for travel. I am waiting for my daughter's.

srivalli

Feb 18, 2018
Dear Group,

My husband is a temporary foreign worker in Canada and we raised dept. visitor visa with priority processing on Dec 2020. My dept. visitor visa is gone to the next stage (passport request). However, my daughter's dept. visa application is still in progress. It's been 2 weeks since I got my approval and am little anxious. Does any one undergone similar approval process. Please suggest.
Hi Sowmyaks,
Surprisingly I am in the same boat. My husband and daughter applied for TRV, gave their medicals recently, my daughter's medicals updated and she got the PPR today, my husband's application is still in progress. Not sure what to do.

sowmyaks

Apr 13, 2021
Hi Sowmyaks,
Surprisingly I am in the same boat. My husband and daughter applied for TRV, gave their medicals recently, my daughter's medicals updated and she got the PPR today, my husband's application is still in progress. Not sure what to do.
I called up IRCC and got to know that my daughter's application is currently being processed with Visa Office, New Delhi. I have been raising web form requests and emails and eagerly waiting for some reply. Fingers crossed...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Can you please elaborate? If there are two applicants in a single application, the timeline will be different for two of them?
Yes. There were cases that one applicant's visa approved while the other one refused. With different timeline.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what is a special authorisation request? emailing IRCC for priority? wanted to know if I am missing on something
Used to be IMM0006 but now it is online I believe. Was under the impression that they still granted TRVs but you weren't allowed to travel unless you got special authorization. That may only be for immediate family of WP holders. Probably no point if they are refusing TRVs for all extended family of work permit holders.

sowmyaks

Apr 13, 2021
I think by 'Special Authorization' you mean the travel exemption letter. In my case, I have got travel exemption letter already. Waiting for my daughter's application to be approved and obtain travel exemption letter in the similar manner. I understand both are 2 different applications and they are treated individually. But personally it is very stressful to wait like that.

srivalli

Feb 18, 2018
In my case, we need not get the travel exemption letter as I am a permanent resident. I came to know that both applicant's processing times will be different, but it is very stressful.

srivalli

Feb 18, 2018
I think by 'Special Authorization' you mean the travel exemption letter. In my case, I have got travel exemption letter already. Waiting for my daughter's application to be approved and obtain travel exemption letter in the similar manner. I understand both are 2 different applications and they are treated individually. But personally it is very stressful to wait like that.
Hi,

Did you send your passport already or waiting for your daughter's PPR letter to send both of them together. Also, I heard that VFS offices are closed from today and also the Delhi consulate. This will further delay the passport submission process.