+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mom and Sister

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I posted this question somewhere else too but didn't got any reply. Hoping to get replies on this thread:

I came to Canada on student visa in May 2011 and Dec 2015, i became PR. In my family, i have my mother, father and one younger sister(10 years). I wanted to apply for visit visa for my mother and sister but problem is my father doesn't live with us due to personal reasons. We don't even have any contact with him.

My questions are:

(1) Do i need to submit any documents or passport copy for my dad too? I won't be able to provide it.

(2) My mother doesn't have any property on her name. What should i do in this case? I have seen everybody mentioning property documents. She have funds to show but not property.

(3) Since i am applying for my mother and sister and i talked to some travel agents in India, they said sister needs to stay in India - in order to get visitor visa for my mom but my sister is just 10 years old and there is nobody who can look after her which is another a weak point for this case. CIC can think that they won't go back because they don't have strong ties.

The reason i wanted my mom and sister to visit me is because i recently got PR and a new job. I wanted to share this happiness with them. I am starting my new job from next month onwards and it will be difficult for me to ask for vacations in the beginning. From past 5 years, i have visited India 3 times. Now it's been 1 and half year and i wanted to see them. Their intentions are not to stay here because my sister is in school and i wanted to her to come here during her summer vacations.

Please advice.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) No
2) Any other assets such as stocks
3) It's up to them or you

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
1) No
2) Any other assets such as stocks
3) It's up to them or you
Thanks for your reply. My mom doesn't have any investment in stocks. Sorry i didn't understand your last point. Can you explain again?

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is your mother working? A job letter and leave letter could be added. For the sister get a letter from the school principal where she is studying stating that she is enrolled in the school since ......and has been granted leave to visitor her brother and will be back on so and so day.... fees paid etc....add receipt

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HKG said:
Is your mother working? A job letter and leave letter could be added. For the sister get a letter from the school principal where she is studying stating that she is enrolled in the school since ......and has been granted leave to visitor her brother and will be back on so and so day.... fees paid etc....add receipt
My mother is not working. She is housewife. I can provide every document for my sister from her school. Anything else that can show stronger ties with India?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dreams123 said:
My mother is not working. She is housewife. I can provide every document for my sister from her school. Anything else that can show stronger ties with India?
How does your mother support herself? It will be difficult to prove to CIC that she has ties to her home country and a way of paying for her trip to Canada if she doesn't work and doesn't have any income sources that you can prove.

Also, does your mother have legally sole custody of your sister? She will need to show she has sole custody to take your sister outside of the country without her father's permission.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
How does your mother support herself? It will be difficult to prove to CIC that she has ties to her home country and a way of paying for her trip to Canada if she doesn't work and doesn't have any income sources that you can prove.

Also, does your mother have legally sole custody of your sister? She will need to show she has sole custody to take your sister outside of the country without her father's permission.
She has some saving (fixed deposits) from my dad's income and i support here now. She doesn't have legal custody but when we applied for my sister's passport we attach affidavit stating that mother is the only person who is taking care of her. Since Cic won't ask for dad's document. I don't want to disclose that they don't live together.

Will it be safe?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
She has some saving (fixed deposits) from my dad's income and i support here now.
Your mom will have to show some ties to return to.... fixed deposits won't count as ties.

Does your mom have a rent agreement in her name?
Does your mom volunteer in any charity work or some other work?

She doesn't have legal custody but when we applied for my sister's passport we attach affidavit stating that mother is the only person who is taking care of her. Since Cic won't ask for dad's document. I don't want to disclose that they don't live together.
A couple of points:
1. You'll have to declare your dad's address in the Family Information form. Lying about this not a good idea in case you decide to sponsor your mom later for PR

2. You cannot apply for a TRV for your sister without submitting a letter of consent from your dad. CIC will ask for this and so do the Indian passport authorities. In fact, you'll have to provide some proof of identity for your dad too
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1022&top=16

3. Again, it is not a good idea to lie in an affidavit that your mom has sole custody of your sister because she'll have to back this up with a court order

Edit:
Just crossed my mind....
How is your mom able to access the interest earned through fixed deposits.... are these FDs solely on your mom's name or jointly with your dad?
Is it credited to a joint bank account?
How is she able to renew those fixed deposits without your dad's signature in case the FDs are not on her name?

When you apply for your mom, you'll have to provide evidence from the bank for the above

How long has it been since your dad separated (unofficial separation)?

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
Your mom will have to show some ties to return to.... fixed deposits won't count as ties.

Does your mom have a rent agreement in her name?
Does your mom volunteer in any charity work or some other work?

A couple of points:
1. You'll have to declare your dad's address in the Family Information form. Lying about this not a good idea in case you decide to sponsor your mom later for PR

2. You cannot apply for a TRV for your sister without submitting a letter of consent from your dad. CIC will ask for this and so do the Indian passport authorities. In fact, you'll have to provide some proof of identity for your dad too
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1022&top=16

3. Again, it is not a good idea to lie in an affidavit that your mom has sole custody of your sister because she'll have to back this up with a court order
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for your reply but i don't think i lied anywhere so far. My mom is the only person who takes for her and that's what we wrote in the passport application form. It had options like Divorced, Legally seperated or not seperated but legally. We mention seperated but not legally.

I have mention everywhere that he is India which is true not living with us. If needs to be, I will try to provide his correct address.

My mom does work for religious organization since so many years and we can provide supporting documents for that.

Another question how big the property should be? Does small land counts?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Also, do check the edit I made to my previous post.

My mom does work for religious organization since so many years and we can provide supporting documents for that.
It's a good idea to include evidence of this.... a letter issued by the religious organization stating your mom has been working for them since XX years + any evidence of some salary (even if it is not much).... or proofs of any other benefits that she gets + any scheduled religious event that she has to return to (if applicable)

Another question how big the property should be? Does small land counts?
Property size does not matter.... yes, do include the land.

Is it agricultural land? Does your mom earn any income from it?
Or a commercial plot? If yes, does she plan to construct anything on this?

Your mom must include ownership documents + recent property tax receipts + any current valuation (self-assessment is also good enough if supported with proofs of indicative market rates)

Are there any immediate family members who are dependent on your mom for their well-being or financially? For example, grand parents?

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
i applied TRV FOR MY PARENTS IN BANGALORE office through agent by paper .. it got rejected... Sad the reasons are
1, no travel history
2, no insufficent funds.( i showed them a funds and net worth of 2 crores INR totally ) dont know how much thy want
3, not provided sufficent documents support hosts income( dont know wat does tht mean? i submitted my T4 and latest paystubs, six months bank statmnet etc
now when i can i resubmit my file again...
do we have to show minimum amount in hosts bank acccoint .. i showed 4K$
can i submit online next week ...
pls help

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maya_india said:
i applied TRV FOR MY PARENTS IN BANGALORE office through agent by paper .. it got rejected... Sad the reasons are
1, no travel history
2, no insufficent funds.( i showed them a funds and net worth of 2 crores INR totally ) dont know how much thy want
3, not provided sufficent documents support hosts income( dont know wat does tht mean? i submitted my T4 and latest paystubs, six months bank statmnet etc
now when i can i resubmit my file again...
do we have to show minimum amount in hosts bank acccoint .. i showed 4K$
can i submit online next week ...
pls help
Sorry to hear that. Not sure if you have included enough "ties" showing that they would return back to India. You might want to include more ties when you apply again.
And for sufficient income for the hosts, in my opinion you might need more than 4K. I would show atleast 10-15K+ to make it stronger.