+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for mom and niece under NEW IRCC portal

asmita_k

Jun 24, 2020
hi everyone,
i am applying for visitor visa for my mom and niece under new IRCC portal. i am temporary residence in Canada. i have certain health conditions so I am applying for my mom's visa. Along with my mom, i am also planning to apply visitor visa for my 7 years old niece. the thing is she is so much attached to my mom and she also wants to come here with her. her parents are in good relationship no divorce nothing.
my question is does my mom need to get the guardianship letter in order to apply together, if yes will there be any problem in getting guardianship letter since her parents are in good terms, live together and they are happily married.
or just a letter from my brother and sister in law which states they are fine with my niece travelling with my mom works?
i know this is kind of weird question but i will appreciate any valuable concerns and comments.
thank you

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
hi everyone,
i am applying for visitor visa for my mom and niece under new IRCC portal. i am temporary residence in Canada. i have certain health conditions so I am applying for my mom's visa. Along with my mom, i am also planning to apply visitor visa for my 7 years old niece. the thing is she is so much attached to my mom and she also wants to come here with her. her parents are in good relationship no divorce nothing.
my question is does my mom need to get the guardianship letter in order to apply together, if yes will there be any problem in getting guardianship letter since her parents are in good terms, live together and they are happily married.
or just a letter from my brother and sister in law which states they are fine with my niece travelling with my mom works?
i know this is kind of weird question but i will appreciate any valuable concerns and comments.
thank you
Can you please share the link of this new portal? I am Canadian PR and I want to invite my parents and a sister for a month visit to Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi everyone,
thank you
They apply separately. Your mother is not the legal guardian. Since your neice is only 7, the parents apply for her and provide documentation and reasons to travel. Your niece needs authorization letters to travel.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/minor-children-travelling-canada.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi everyone,
thank you
Are you studying or working full-time in NOC O, A or B? How long is your mother wanting to visit? Your niece must be attending school so unless she is travelling during the school holidays it wouldn’t make sense for her to travel with your mother. She would not qualify to attend school in Canada.