+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for MIL and SIL

Sakurasahra

Dec 6, 2018
My mother in law and my sister in law want to come visit for the summer.
The SIL is under 22 and therefore a dependent child. MIL is old enough not to get a refusal since FIL has a multiple entry visa and has come and gone on a few occasions.
What would be grounds for refusal?
The SIL is a student and attends university and take a few courses that her parents paid a lot for.
They have an itinerary for 3-4 weeks.
I have a stable income and so does my husband. we’ll be providing them place to stay and i have most afternoons off to take them on a tour all around the city and beyond.
What are good proof I should include?
They both need to be gone by a certain time because of festivities and my BIL arriving in their home country after working abroad for a year for a few weeks.
Husband got his PR sometime in Jan 2020.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother in law and my sister in law want to come visit for the summer.
The SIL is under 22 and therefore a dependent child. MIL is old enough not to get a refusal since FIL has a multiple entry visa and has come and gone on a few occasions.
What would be grounds for refusal?
The SIL is a student and attends university and take a few courses that her parents paid a lot for.
They have an itinerary for 3-4 weeks.
I have a stable income and so does my husband. we’ll be providing them place to stay and i have most afternoons off to take them on a tour all around the city and beyond.
What are good proof I should include?
They both need to be gone by a certain time because of festivities and my BIL arriving in their home country after working abroad for a year for a few weeks.
Husband got his PR sometime in Jan 2020.
Young adults don’t have very strong ties or their own finances so they are often refused. The fact that all the family will be applying for visas creates stronger ties to Vanada versus their home country.

Sakurasahra

Dec 6, 2018
Young adults don’t have very strong ties or their own finances so they are often refused. The fact that all the family will be applying for visas creates stronger ties to Vanada versus their home country.
They have other siblings in their home country and their father.
she’s accompanying to help her with language and mil isn’t all too well

Sakurasahra

Dec 6, 2018
What proof can I use to increase her chances?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What proof can I use to increase her chances?
There is only so much proof she can provide. Assume she owns no property, is not leaving a spouse or husband behind, has no longterm employment, not significant savings, etc. You can show that she is returning to school and will be helping her mother travel due to language barriers.

Reactions: Sakurasahra