+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for inlaws

orchifly

May 31, 2007
Hi!

could anyone with the same situation as mine...please answer my question...

I want to know if my husband can apply for my father visit visa...because i can not apply for my father because im not working.
Can we include to our letter that we are inviting my father to look after my two kids so that i can work?

please advised!

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem. Your parents can try to apply the visitor visa. You or your husband cannot apply for your father's visit visa, though.

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
I believe Steaky meant to say you can apply *(You or your husband cannot apply for your father's visit visa, though.) *

we are exactly in the same situation as you. My wife doesn't work and we both applied for her parents (my in-laws) and below is what we did.

Invitation letter - signed by both of us (include proof of marriage. we did this cause my wife assumed her married name)
declaration of financial support - signed by me, indicating i am financially responsible for my wife and support her parents visiting and i will be responsible for the trip. The application was approved and we are in the final process.

what you include in your letter is up to you but it could be tricky if you indicate your father is coming to work (looking after your kids)

good luck !!!

orchifly

May 31, 2007
twiggy said:
I believe Steaky meant to say you can apply *(You or your husband cannot apply for your father's visit visa, though.) *

we are exactly in the same situation as you. My wife doesn't work and we both applied for her parents (my in-laws) and below is what we did.

Invitation letter - signed by both of us (include proof of marriage. we did this cause my wife assumed her married name)
declaration of financial support - signed by me, indicating i am financially responsible for my wife and support her parents visiting and i will be responsible for the trip.

The application was approved and we are in the final process.

good luck !!!
thanks for all the reply!

it shed some light for my fathers application
i'll do the same!
thanks again!

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
twiggy said:

declaration of financial support - signed by me, indicating i am financially responsible for my wife and support her parents visiting and i will be responsible for the trip. The application was approved and we are in the final process.

what you include in your letter is up to you but it could be tricky if you indicate your father is coming to work (looking after your kids)

good luck !!!
WHAT KIND OF DECLARATION OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT DID YOU SUBMITTED? MY WIFE IS UNDER TWP AND WE'RE PLANNING TO INVITE HER PARENTS FROM PHILIPPINES NEXT YEAR AFTER MY WIFE GIVE BIRTH. THANK YOU

orchifly

May 31, 2007
nismopinoy said:
WHAT KIND OF DECLARATION OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT DID YOU SUBMITTED? MY WIFE IS UNDER TWP AND WE'RE PLANNING TO INVITE HER PARENTS FROM PHILIPPINES NEXT YEAR AFTER MY WIFE GIVE BIRTH. THANK YOU
hi!

its a letter stating that your wife is financialy capable of supporting her parents in our case my husband was the one who make a declaration of financial support. in liue of that he also included his t4, recent paystub and bank statement to prove that he have enough source of financial means.

you can also check the requirements in cic website regarding the application for tourist visa/supervisa

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
below is a sample of what mine looked like. I had it notarized but its not necessary

good luck !!!

DECLARATION OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR XXX

I, XXX, Born on XXX, a Canadian Citizen, Passport Number XXX Residing at XXX

Do hereby solemnly swear the following:

1. That I am the deponent of this affidavit and well conversant with the facts mentioned herein
2. That I am the spouse of XXX Born on XXX, a Canadian Citizen, Passport Number XXX Residing at XXX
3. That I am financially responsible for XX
4. That I am in support of a temporary Visit of XXX Parents to Canada
5. That I will bear all living expenses, Medical Insurance, Food, travel and all incidental expense
During their entire stay in Canada
6. That XXX, a XXX, Born on XXX,Passport Number XXX and a resident of XXX XXX is the Father of MY SPOUSE XXX
7. That XXX, a XXX, Born on XXX,Passport Number XXX and a resident of XXX XXX is the MOTHER of MY SPOUSE XXX
8. That XXX and XXXX will be visiting Canada for a period of 60 days from XXX to XXX
9. That XXX and XXX will return to their country of residence, XXXafter their visit to Canada
10. That all attached documents in support of my financially capability is genuine including Canada revenue Notice of Assessments (2011, 2012),Letter of Employment, Employment Pay Stubs and Financial records.
11. That the attached marriage Certificate between ME and MY SPOUSE is genuine
12. That the attached Birth certificate naming XXX and YYY as the parents of my spouse is genuine
13. That the attached proof of Income indicating I exceed the low-income cut off for a total number of x people including our guests Is genuine

I SWEAR OR AFFIRM THAT THE ABOVE AND FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS ARE TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND BELIEF.

City of xxx

I, the undersigned Notary Public, do hereby affirm that xxx personally appeared before me on the ___ day of xxx and signed the above Affidavit

Notary Public

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
twiggy said:

Could you please send the invitation letter format or is it acceptable to sign both husband and wife for in laws application.

good luck !!!