+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Indian Parents from US (in US on visitor visa)

caprseeker

Jan 18, 2022
Hey guys,
My parents will be visiting me in US soon and would like to apply for Canada visitor visa for them from US. So questions:
1. Is it possible to file and get their (Indian citizens and Indian residents) Canada visitor visa from US while they are in US on visitor visa (B1/B2 visa)?
2. What all documents do they need to need to apply for Canada visitor visa from US?

Please help with these questions as I am otherwise finding it difficult to find queries with such scenario to refer from, thanks a ton!

prseeker2

Apr 5, 2022
Hey @caprseeker,

I am on similar boat. I am applying Canada TRV for my parents as well from US. They are here on US visitor visa (will be staying for 6 months). I am not sure what would be the "Countries or Territories of Residence" I should be mentioning, so to be able to complete the process from us (i.e. biometrics, passport two way courier, stamping at LA VAC, etc). Kindly guide on this, thanks

Also, anything else you found that could be useful for me to consider or keep in mind? Thanks again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey @caprseeker,

I am on similar boat. I am applying Canada TRV for my parents as well from US. They are here on US visitor visa (will be staying for 6 months). I am not sure what would be the "Countries or Territories of Residence" I should be mentioning, so to be able to complete the process from us (i.e. biometrics, passport two way courier, stamping at LA VAC, etc). Kindly guide on this, thanks

Also, anything else you found that could be useful for me to consider or keep in mind? Thanks again
unfortunately would be better for them to apply from their home country because it becomes much harder to prove ties to your home country if spending 6 months in a 3rd country,

prseeker2

Apr 5, 2022
unfortunately would be better for them to apply from their home country because it becomes much harder to prove ties to your home country if spending 6 months in a 3rd country,
But does the current location matter that much (genuinely trying to understand)? Since they are here only on visitor visa and will be returning to their country of residence where they own house, family, etc to show ties to their country of residence? Or have we seen it to not be strong enough case to be made based off?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But does the current location matter that much (genuinely trying to understand)? Since they are here only on visitor visa and will be returning to their country of residence where they own house, family, etc to show ties to their country of residence? Or have we seen it to not be strong enough case to be made based off?
It does matter especially if they have spent a long period in the US. How much it matters will depend on their travel history, their ties to their home country, savings, etc.

Reactions: prseeker2

prseeker2

Apr 5, 2022
It does matter especially if they have spent a long period in the US. How much it matters will depend on their travel history, their ties to their home country, savings, etc.
Makes sense. Thanks for you reply. Made a note of the caution but with my situation I am going to take a chance and proceed with the application. Will come back on this thread to update the outcomes and experience