+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for In-Laws denied.

sairao

Aug 24, 2018
Hello,

We have applied for Visitor visa for my parents-in-law and it got denied with Purpose of Travel and Financial Assets. We submitted the application online on 01/14 and it got denied on 01/17.

We reviewed the submitted documents and have added more financial documents such as details about the farmland they own along with the house they live in. We also added the rental income that my father in law gets.

We are looking to reapply again in a day or two... Is there anything else that we need to keep in mind and is it ok to reapply again in a week.

Thanks in advance,
Sai

sairao

Aug 24, 2018
They are just visiting us for a couple of months and my father in law owns a business. They are not employed.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
They are just visiting us for a couple of months and my father in law owns a business. They are not employed.
A visit of 'a couple of months' indicates there are no strong, definite visit plans = Open-ended visit = Stay can be extended = Potential overstayer

1. What documents did your in-laws submit?

2. Do their finances and financial investments match their declared sources of income and tax assessments?

3. What documents did your father-in-law submit for his business?

4. Have they traveled to other visa-required countries?

It's not a wise idea to reapply immediately after a refusal

Reactions: sairao

sairao

Aug 24, 2018
Thanks for the response.

1. What documents did your in-laws submit? - They submitted an affidavit of their business and the properties.

2. Do their finances and financial investments match their declared sources of income and tax assessments? - I think yes, They submitted the documents related to their house, business and the lands they own.

3. What documents did your father-in-law submit for his business? - He runs a departmental store and he submitted an affidavit saying the same.

4. Have they traveled to other visa-required countries? - This is their first time travel to outside of India.

It's not a wise idea to reapply immediately after a refusal[/QUOTE]

My wife is feeling very home sick as she has never been away from her parents. That is the reason for the travel visa but unfortunately it got refused.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the response.

1. What documents did your in-laws submit? - They submitted an affidavit of their business and the properties.

2. Do their finances and financial investments match their declared sources of income and tax assessments? - I think yes, They submitted the documents related to their house, business and the lands they own.

3. What documents did your father-in-law submit for his business? - He runs a departmental store and he submitted an affidavit saying the same.

4. Have they traveled to other visa-required countries? - This is their first time travel to outside of India.

It's not a wise idea to reapply immediately after a refusal

My wife is feeling very home sick as she has never been away from her parents. That is the reason for the travel visa but unfortunately it got refused.
Affidavits don't work + affidavits are not a true representation (sometimes) of the facts especially if those affidavits were made in certain countries. Hard evidence matters.

If they only submitted affidavits then it's super easy to see why they were refused.

You'll need to post more information to the questions asked + list of actual documents submitted (not the application form, photographs, etc).... if you need advice. It's not possible to advise based on the information you have posted

Reactions: sairao

sairao

Aug 24, 2018
Gotcha !!

What else can be provided to prove the they do not have any intent to stay back, They just want to be here for a month of two and would go back...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gotcha !!

What else can be provided to prove the they do not have any intent to stay back, They just want to be here for a month of two and would go back...
You'll need to post more information + the list of actual documents submitted (not the application form, photographs, etc)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I really hope they got approved but I am very surprised about how fast the application was approved. Indian offices process a huge volume of applications so that alone often makes processing longer. Hope it all works out!

Asif90

Jun 1, 2018
Hi, I am also going to apply for Visitor Visa not Supper visa for my parents. They don't have Job and i am planning to add my bank statement. I do not have permanent job as well. How much back statement should be in Canadian Dollars to make it strong case. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am also going to apply for Visitor Visa not Supper visa for my parents. They don't have Job and i am planning to add my bank statement. I do not have permanent job as well. How much back statement should be in Canadian Dollars to make it strong case. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
Their TRV applications will be based on their assets not yours. They will need to show enough liquid funds to pay for their visits plus extra savings.