+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Grandparent: Proof of Relationship

MonChoon

Sep 10, 2018
What is the best document to use to prove the relationship? My wife's grandmother is wanting to come to Canada. We are applying for this visa now. My wife is a Canadian PR. Should I attach, her birth certificate, as well as her mothers and then her grandmothers or something along those lines? What is the best legal document to link 2 generations?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is the best document to use to prove the relationship? My wife's grandmother is wanting to come to Canada. We are applying for this visa now. My wife is a Canadian PR. Should I attach, her birth certificate, as well as her mothers and then her grandmothers or something along those lines? What is the best legal document to link 2 generations?
Yes. Submit parent document and grandparent. That should prove the link to the grandmother.

MonChoon

Sep 10, 2018
I have only my wife's birth certificate which connects to her mother, but I dont have something to connect her mother to her grandmother. Are there other ways besides birth certificates that people can suggest?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I have only my wife's birth certificate which connects to her mother, but I dont have something to connect her mother to her grandmother. Are there other ways besides birth certificates that people can suggest?
Depending on the country of parent and grandparent. Some countries issue official document such as ATTESTATION OF BIRTH naming the applicant (spouse parent/grandparent) as the parent. Most time, it is issued by birth/death registration department. Parent may need a sworn affidavit from court and passport photograph to do this.