+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Fiancee, Guy is PR in Canada and applicable for Citizenship

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
HI Everyone,

I have question related to visitor visa of my Fiancee.

We will get married in April 2020 in India. My aim is to bring her after marriage with me.
I will get court marriage done in Jan 2020 and apply for her PR (Canada) and then do traditional wedding in April 2020. The reason for court marriage is to get some lead time in PR application processing time from Jan instead of April

I want your advise on should I apply my fiancee visitor visa now? or after Court Marriage in Jan 2020?
The reason I am not clear is because I am hearing lot of visitor visa are cancelled for spouse once their PR is in process. Please advise me.

Also i am eligible for Canadian citizenship, Should i wait on applying my citizenship until marriage is done in Jan/April 2020 or it is better i apply for my citizenship now?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Have a Great day!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
HI Everyone,

I have question related to visitor visa of my Fiancee.

We will get married in April 2020 in India. My aim is to bring her after marriage with me.
I will get court marriage done in Jan 2020 and apply for her PR (Canada) and then do traditional wedding in April 2020. The reason for court marriage is to get some lead time in PR application processing time from Jan instead of April

I want your advise on should I apply my fiancee visitor visa now? or after Court Marriage in Jan 2020?
The reason I am not clear is because I am hearing lot of visitor visa are cancelled for spouse once their PR is in process. Please advise me.

Also i am eligible for Canadian citizenship, Should i wait on applying my citizenship until marriage is done in Jan/April 2020 or it is better i apply for my citizenship now?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Have a Great day!
Hi,

It's been a long time. Congratulations for your forthcoming wedding :)

A few points you may want to consider:
1. It's not a 'court marriage' because the courts in India do not marry people. You would want to refer to it as a 'registered marriage' for all communication with IRCC.

2. IRCC could ask you to submit evidence of a traditional marriage + genuine marriage.... if you submit her spousal PR application before the traditional marriage. I have just replied to a similar situation in the 'General Immigration' section.

3. Your fiancee can apply for a TRV before she marries you assuming she has strong employment ties, previous travel history, a good personal financial situation and other similar strong ties.

4. Your application for citizenship has no impact on your future wife's PR application.

5. Following on #4: If you become a citizen before you marry then you can stay in India for the entire duration of her PR processing/even submit her application when you're in India. In this case, you must prove you plan to return to Canada after her PR visa is granted

Cheers

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Hi,

It's been a long time. Congratulations for your forthcoming wedding :)

A few points you may want to consider:
1. It's not a 'court marriage' because the courts in India do not marry people. You would want to refer to it as a 'registered marriage' for all communication with IRCC.

2. IRCC could ask you to submit evidence of a traditional marriage + genuine marriage.... if you submit her spousal PR application before the traditional marriage. I have just replied to a similar situation in the 'General Immigration' section.

3. Your fiancee can apply for a TRV before she marries you assuming she has strong employment ties, previous travel history, a good personal financial situation and other similar strong ties.

4. Your application for citizenship has no impact on your future wife's PR application.

5. Following on #4: If you become a citizen before you marry then you can stay in India for the entire duration of her PR processing/even submit her application when you're in India. In this case, you must prove you plan to return to Canada after her PR visa is granted

Cheers
Thank you Bryanna! :) Happy to know you do remember me :)

Regarding #3, TRV and Strong ties
a. She is a Teacher in International School in India. I can show that she wants to visit me for Christmas and then go back to India. Total Duration of her stay as 2/3 weeks. Its a permanent job.
b. Her mom and elder sister are dependent on her. They do not work. Not sure how to prove the dependency.
c. She has 5 lakh INR in her account
d. She has FD (fixed deposit)
e. No previous travel history
f. House on her mothers name
g. Ageing mother

Please advise, does these sound as strong ties?

I will go thru #2 and understand what needs to be done!

Have a Great Day Bryanna!

Thank you.

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Hi Bryanna,

I found the following for Tradition Marriage Requirement and will work on this.

Did you take pictures when you registered your marriage? With the witnesses? With the Registrar of Marriages? Were your families and friends present? Also, do you have photographs of your engagement ceremony? Did you submit a copy of the Notice of Intended Marriage?

You can also include your wedding invitation for the traditional marriage + copies of the receipts for booking the venue, florists, etc
Thank you!

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi guys,
I am somewhere in a similar sort of a situation.

My girlfriend is in US (F1 visa - studying) and i have applied for PR, I expect to get PPR by Jan-Feb 19 and plan to do landing around Apr-May 19.

I was planning on including her in my application since she is coming back in Jan 19 for 25 days (the plan was to get a court marriage done), add her in application, wait for PPR, then request the authorities to do her stamping from US Embassy and mine from India.

Or another options are i do landing, then register our marriage in Canada /US, then apply for spousal sponsorship and meanwhile she can study in US and visit me on travel visa.

What do you think is the best method? or do you suggest any other legal way?

Her course is still Jan 2020 and post that we want to stay together hence i wanted to be ready with her PR / spousal sponsorship.

Please suggest.