+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Fiance

vinind101

Feb 17, 2015
Hi,

I am permanent resident and currently staying in India. I am getting married in April. I am planning to apply for my fiance visitor visa now and then planning to travel together in Canada after marriage.

My fiancee has US tourist visa and she has traveled to US in past. She is employed in India.

Will there be any problem if she applies for TRV independently now or she needs invitation letter?
How much minimum funds should I show in my Fiance account?

Another doubt I have is since applying and getting her visitor visa and while entering the country, her status has changed from being a Single to being Married. Will there be any issue?

0hCanada

Feb 16, 2015
Following this thread :D

Im in the same boat as you but we are in Mexico and want to visit Canada!

Ive heard having the US visa previously helps alot, but Ive yet to submit so I hope its true!

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Hi,
Can you guys provide an update on the status? I am sailing in the same boat and want to know whether your fiance's visa got approved?

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hi,

I am permanent resident and currently staying in India. I am getting married in April. I am planning to apply for my fiance visitor visa now and then planning to travel together in Canada after marriage.

My fiancee has US tourist visa and she has traveled to US in past. She is employed in India.

Will there be any problem if she applies for TRV independently now or she needs invitation letter?

Another doubt I have is since applying and getting her visitor visa and while entering the country, her status has changed from being a Single to being Married. Will there be any issue?
Any update as to what happened later?

Kate_Westlake

Jan 18, 2018
Hi,

Just apply, there shouldn't be a problem at all, make sure to state her correct marrital status at the time of the application to avoid misrepresentation when you are sponsoring her.