+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Father in Law and Mother in Law ( Applied on March 27th and received refusal on June 27th 2022) - Using new IRCC Portal!

Nileshkumar91

Sep 23, 2014
Hi All,

I had applied Visitor Visa for my father in law and mother in law, as they both are coming to be with us during our first pregnancy which is due in early October 2022.

In their Visitor Visa Application, i had explicitly mentioned that they are coming to help us through the first pregnancy as we both (myself and my wife) are fulltime working and have no experience handling pregnancy.

Documents Provided:
1. Bank Balance worth 20,000 CAD- 10K in my bank account and 10K in my wife bank account, also mentioned that we will be taking care of their financials in my explanation letter during their 4 months stay (September 2022 to December 2022)
2. Attached my father in law personal tax return and his business tax return.
3. last 6 paystubs for me and my wife and offer letters stating our annual salary.
4. Also attached his business balance sheet which shows 1.15 Cr in assets
5. ultra sound was also attached to support our reason for parents visit (Pregnancy)

Rejection Reason:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Question: I am confused on their reason for rejection when we showed so much financials (CAD 20,000) and our annual salary is also CAD 200,000 per annum combined? should we reapply under Visitor Visa- showing cash balances in my father in law and mother in law bank account, a CA letter showing assets back in India, as my wife's brothers (3) all live with his parents back in India and they all have business, and add a doctor's note stating that me and my wife need help during our pregnancy?-Hoping their visa comes in time before October 1st week.

or should i get upfront medical done and purchase Super visa insurance and apply under super visa? my only worry is that if it does not come in time. As its super Visa?

any help would be appreciated:)

Thank you all!!

Regards,
Nilesh

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi All,

I had applied Visitor Visa for my father in law and mother in law, as they both are coming to be with us during our first pregnancy which is due in early October 2022.

In their Visitor Visa Application, i had explicitly mentioned that they are coming to help us through the first pregnancy as we both (myself and my wife) are fulltime working and have no experience handling pregnancy.

Documents Provided:
1. Bank Balance worth 20,000 CAD- 10K in my bank account and 10K in my wife bank account, also mentioned that we will be taking care of their financials in my explanation letter during their 4 months stay (September 2022 to December 2022)
3. last 6 paystubs for me and my wife and offer letters stating our annual salary.
5. ultra sound was also attached to support our reason for parents visit (Pregnancy)

Rejection Reason:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Question: I am confused on their reason for rejection when we showed so much financials (CAD 20,000) and our annual salary is also CAD 200,000 per annum combined? should we reapply under Visitor Visa- showing cash balances in my father in law and mother in law bank account, a CA letter showing assets back in India, as my wife's brothers (3) all live with his parents back in India and they all have business, and add a doctor's note stating that me and my wife need help during our pregnancy?-Hoping their visa comes in time before October 1st week.

or should i get upfront medical done and purchase Super visa insurance and apply under super visa? my only worry is that if it does not come in time. As its super Visa?

Thank you all!!

Regards,
Nilesh
On the income refusal reason, your in-laws’ understated income and assets could have been viewed negatively. It’s the visitor’s capacity to fund him/herself for the trip that matters.
On the trip purpose refusal, the reason to look after a child, an ill family member etc is in most cases not reviewed favorably as the trip could end up open dated.
On top of the above refusal grounds, the homeland links of your in-laws may not have been sufficiently established in the application. They all add up to doubts that they will leave Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi All,

Documents Provided:

Rejection Reason:

Thank you all!!

Regards,
Nilesh
The applicants have to show they can afford to fund the trip . All you’ve shown is your financials .
Four months is far to long if a time to request to stay , shows weak ties to their country .
Doctors note is irrelevant. Doctor should know there’s caregivers in Canada that get paid to help parents . As well helping take care of a newborn can be construed as illegal work . Families hire individuals to do that . Called caregivers

Nileshkumar91

Sep 23, 2014
The applicants have to show they can afford to fund the trip . All you’ve shown is your financials .
Four months is far to long if a time to request to stay , shows weak ties to their country .
Doctors note is irrelevant. Doctor should know there’s caregivers in Canada that get paid to help parents . As well helping take care of a newborn can be construed as illegal work . Families hire individuals to do that . Called caregivers
Thank you. Makes sense. When i reapply under Visitors, should i say that they are coming to see the newborn and unite with family and mention only 1 month of stay and show Itinerary to support their length of stay?

Anything else you would suggest to make my application stronger

Last edited:

Nileshkumar91

Sep 23, 2014
On the income refusal reason, your in-laws’ understated income and assets could have been viewed negatively. It’s the visitor’s capacity to fund him/herself for the trip that matters.
On the trip purpose refusal, the reason to look after a child, an ill family member etc is in most cases not reviewed favorably as the trip could end up open dated.
On top of the above refusal grounds, the homeland links of your in-laws may not have been sufficiently established in the application. They all add up to doubts that they will leave Canada.
Thank you. Makes sense.

in my reapplication: I am showing funds in their bank account around 10 lacs, a letter from CA stating properties they own, LIC and Income to address the first point on financial situation.

on second point: Should i update my explanation to say that they are coming to see the newborn and will be here for just a month and attach Itinerary to support.

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
I applied visitor visa in September on New portal. I now got an email that there is a message for you. When I login I see no application submitted. Does anyone know what can I do in this situation?

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Makes sense.

in my reapplication: I am showing funds in their bank account around 10 lacs, a letter from CA stating properties they own, LIC and Income to address the first point on financial situation.

on second point: Should i update my explanation to say that they are coming to see the newborn and will be here for just a month and attach Itinerary to support.

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Makes sense.

Hi Nilesh, Did you apply again ? Have you got the approval the second time? Please advise as I also got rejected for my parents for the same reason. What changes did you make?