+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for elder brother

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi,

I need an urgent help, I need to apply visitor visa for my elder brother. He is 35 years old and working as a government employee in Punjab school education department from the past 10 years. last year, he got married and also taking care of my mother.

He owns a commercial plot in India worth Rs. 30 lakh.

He doesn't have any travel history.

I also applied his visa with my mother as a principle applicant in sept 2021 but both got rejected. And then again, I applied my mother visitor visa in August 2022 and she got approved after 2 rejections.

for myself, I'm permanent resident of Canada and working as truck driver in Montreal. Please advise me should I apply his visitor visa now?

I will pay all the accommodations and travel expense in Canada and he will probably pay his air ticket.

Reason for travel- summer vacation for 2 weeks in June.

Please advise asap.

Thank you!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He is applying not you. He needs to show his own funds (bank statements), reasons to return (job letter with approved leave, investments etc.) and travel history. You paying for everything shows he cannot afford a visit. He is single so needs very strong reasons to return.

Reactions: sny.sng

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I need an urgent help, I need to apply visitor visa for my elder brother. He is 35 years old and working as a government employee in Punjab school education department from the past 10 years. last year, he got married and also taking care of my mother.

He owns a commercial plot in India worth Rs. 30 lakh.

He doesn't have any travel history.

I also applied his visa with my mother as a principle applicant in sept 2021 but both got rejected. And then again, I applied my mother visitor visa in August 2022 and she got approved after 2 rejections.

for myself, I'm permanent resident of Canada and working as truck driver in Montreal. Please advise me should I apply his visitor visa now?

I will pay all the accommodations and travel expense in Canada and he will probably pay his air ticket.

Reason for travel- summer vacation for 2 weeks in June.

Please advise asap.

Thank you!!
It's very strongly recommended that he show is own funds.

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
He is applying not you. He needs to show his own funds (bank statements), reasons to return (job letter with approved leave, investments etc.) and travel history. You paying for everything shows he cannot afford a visit. He is single so needs very strong reasons to return.
Thank you Naturgrl and scylla for the quick reply, could you please shed more light on the following two queries.

No, I'm applying as his representative. He has his own funds to show, and he will definitely put everything on the table. But I don't want to pay him for this trip. He took full responsibility for me while I was studying in Canada. He has already paid a lot for me. Can I show my funds too, as proof of funds, with his funds ??

The reasons for returning are- (1)He has to return to his job as he is working for the government and has limited periods of work off. (2) He has a wife and also takes care of our mother. Are these two reasons enough to justify the ties to going back home??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you Naturgrl and scylla for the quick reply, could you please shed more light on the following two queries.

No, I'm applying as his representative. He has his own funds to show, and he will definitely put everything on the table. But I don't want to pay him for this trip. He took full responsibility for me while I was studying in Canada. He has already paid a lot for me. Can I show my funds too, as proof of funds, with his funds ??

The reasons for returning are- (1)He has to return to his job as he is working for the government and has limited periods of work off. (2) He has a wife and also takes care of our mother. Are these two reasons enough to justify the ties to going back home??
You can show your funds but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them. He really needs to show his own bank statements. Seems like he can. A job letter with approved leave and spouse are ties to return. Are they strong enough? He will know if approved.

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
You can show your funds but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them. He really needs to show his own bank statements. Seems like he can. A job letter with approved leave and spouse are ties to return. Are they strong enough? He will know if approved.
Thank you naturgrl. Just one more question, How much total funds (in CAD) are needed to be sufficient for one adult person? Any idea?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you naturgrl. Just one more question, How much total funds (in CAD) are needed to be sufficient for one adult person? Any idea?
IRCC wants to see enough cash in the person’s account without using all savings. So for a two week visit - $15 to $20k is a good amount. Seen people refused with that amount and people approved with less than that. Really depends on officer reviewing the application.

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
IRCC wants to see enough cash in the person’s account without using all savings. So for a two week visit - $15 to $20k is a good amount. Seen people refused with that amount and people approved with less than that. Really depends on officer reviewing the application.
Okay perfect, Thank you and really appreciate your quick response. Have a great day ahead ☺