+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Egyptian - any tips before we submit?

Westendlib

May 17, 2016
Hello, I am Canadian and my husband is Egyptian. We married in Egypt last month and want to get him a visitor visa so we can honeymoon in Canada, have a wedding reception there, he can meet my family, etc. This is what we have so far for our application:

Reason for entering Canada:
Invitation letter from my parents
Professionally made invites for the wedding reception
Reservation at the restaurant where we'll have the reception
Reservation at resort where we'll honeymoon
Marriage certificate

Proof he'll leave Canada:
Letter of itinerary
Return flight tickets for both of us

Ties to Egypt:
Unfortunately he doesn't own any property or have a job right now so we just have a letter from his parents stating that we live with them and as the oldest son he cares for them as they're both retired and sick (diabetes)

Proof of funds:
Bank draft with approx $7,000 USD

He has no travel history

Let me know if you have any additional tips or suggestions for us. Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

IMHO, the chances of your husband getting a TRV are very low/none.

1. He has no strong ties to return to Egypt, such as property, job, study program, no previous travel history, etc.

2. With you as his Canadian spouse, his family ties to Canada will be stronger than those to Egypt.

3. Unless his parents have medical complications arising due to diabetes + no other immediate family to care for them + evidence that your husband cares for them, this reason will not seem compelling to return to Egypt.

When you apply, do include another more convincing reason to return to Egypt (with evidence).

You can certainly apply for a TRV. Hope your husband gets a TRV

Cheers

Westendlib

May 17, 2016
When you apply, do include another more convincing reason to return to Egypt (with evidence).
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this if he doesn't own property or have employment pay stubs?