+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for disabled person ( handicapped or over-aged dependent due to medical condition)

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hello All,

i have seen lot of post stating that mentally or physically disabled children ( include brother & sister) can not visit Canada due to Disability. Recently i applied for ,my brother who is mentally disabled or state it as handicapped . He never went to school or never had a job. he is completely financially dependent.

But he got his visa.
below are few details i included in the application
1)letter from me and my husband that we will support him financially and we will pay for his expenses and we mentioned that he is financially independent

2)buy medical insurance before hand
3) Attested letter from parents that they will support him financially
4) invitation letter (try to get it attested from MLA)
5) your financial records and parents
6) relationship proof
7) medical records proving disability
8) you will get a medical exam request.
9) marriage certificate for parents and sponsor (if you are married)
10) house ownership paper( if you own one)

Asra.hassan

Nov 19, 2015
Hello
I am currently looking at my options to call my brother to Canada for a visit. Could you please tell me how old is your brother and what are his physical limitations?

kapsy

Dec 2, 2014
Hi,

I need to apply visitor visa for my 26 year old sister in law who is mentally disabled.

Could you please let me know if you hired an immigration consultant by any chance?

Thanks
Kapil

Hello All,

i have seen lot of post stating that mentally or physically disabled children ( include brother & sister) can not visit Canada due to Disability. Recently i applied for ,my brother who is mentally disabled or state it as handicapped . He never went to school or never had a job. he is completely financially dependent.

But he got his visa.
1)letter from me and my husband that we will support him financially and we will pay for his expenses and we mentioned that he is financially independent

6) relationship proof

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hello
I am currently looking at my options to call my brother to Canada for a visit. Could you please tell me how old is your brother and what are his physical limitations?
Hello, he is around 29 years old. he is able to do his daily activites but not able to handle or understand work, school or other activites. consider 29 year old as 5 years

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hi,

I need to apply visitor visa for my 26 year old sister in law who is mentally disabled.

Could you please let me know if you hired an immigration consultant by any chance?

Thanks
Kapil
Hello,

I did hired a consultant but he did not add any info and my brothers visa was rejected. But then i applied myself and was able to get visa for him. If you need help- feel free to email me at sadhrey@ualberta.ca

Reactions: kapsy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I did hired a consultant but he did not add any info and my brothers visa was rejected. But then i applied myself and was able to get visa for him. If you need help- feel free to email me at sadhrey@ualberta.ca
Out of curiosity how long did you ask for him to visit? Was it with your parents? Assume h3 has left at this point. Did he get a multi entry visit? For how long?

Would also be interested to see if you are able to get PGP with your brother included.

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Out of curiosity how long did you ask for him to visit? Was it with your parents? Assume h3 has left at this point. Did he get a multi entry visit? For how long?

Would also be interested to see if you are able to get PGP with your brother included.
he visited only for a month, but he got multiple entry visa.

by PGP do you mean permanent immigration , if so I never applied for it

balaskar

Jan 30, 2014
Hello All,

But he got his visa.

6) relationship proof
I'm really happy that you were able to get visitor visa for your brother.

I applied visitor visa for my sister three times and its got rejected. I'm scared to mentioned that she is having disability problem in visa application . She can manage to do her personal needs and she studied till 5th grade, but she cant work or go outside alone. I'm not sure how to describe her situation to visa officer . All i have mentioned in my invite letter ,she is completely depend on my parent.

Could you please let me know how do you get Disability medical record? Is this something like IQ test? Do we need to contact psychiatrist ?

kulsumsamad91

Jan 20, 2021

Hi, can I get in touch with you? will be sending you an email right now

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
I'm really happy that you were able to get visitor visa for your brother.

I applied visitor visa for my sister three times and its got rejected. I'm scared to mentioned that she is having disability problem in visa application . She can manage to do her personal needs and she studied till 5th grade, but she cant work or go outside alone. I'm not sure how to describe her situation to visa officer . All i have mentioned in my invite letter ,she is completely depend on my parent.

Could you please let me know how do you get Disability medical record? Is this something like IQ test? Do we need to contact psychiatrist ?
Hello , not sure if i replied to you earlier on this , but if you need help email me at sadhrey@ualberta.ca

HariMat

Jun 30, 2021
Hello All,

But he got his visa.

6) relationship proof
Hi rimpysadhrey,

I am 3 years late but I hope you will answer.

Can you please tell me what visa category you have applied for your brother ? I am in the same situation as you and have been refused twice.

Thank you so much for your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi rimpysadhrey,

I am 3 years late but I hope you will answer.

Can you please tell me what visa category you have applied for your brother ? I am in the same situation as you and have been refused twice.

Thank you so much for your help
The visa category would have been a normal TRV. There's no special category.

What are the refusal reasons you received?