+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Dependent Child

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Hi,

Myself and my spouse got PR last year and we have completed short landing and the child is born this year outside Canada. I have moved to Canada few months back and working here and planning to bring my wife and child to Canada by Q1 2020. Can I apply for visitor visa for the baby or go for Sponsorship. Need your advice.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Myself and my spouse got PR last year and we have completed short landing and the child is born this year outside Canada. I have moved to Canada few months back and working here and planning to bring my wife and child to Canada by Q1 2020. Can I apply for visitor visa for the baby or go for Sponsorship. Need your advice.
You should have applied for sponsorship as soon as you returned to Canada. I suggest you apply ASAP.

You can try applying for a TRV/TRP for the child but no guarantee of approval.

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
You should have applied for sponsorship as soon as you returned to Canada. I suggest you apply ASAP.

You can try applying for a TRV/TRP for the child but no guarantee of approval.

Thanks for your reply. I hope it will take a long time to process for Family Sponsorship.

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Hi,

I have got the TRV now for my daughter and planning to take them here in 2months. Can I start the sponsorship now itself or after they land here. It will be better to file application as Inland or Outland.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have got the TRV now for my daughter and planning to take them here in 2months. Can I start the sponsorship now itself or after they land here. It will be better to file application as Inland or Outland.
There is no inland option to sponsor a child, so as long as YOU are in Canada, zero point in delaying the app.