+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Child

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by 06dak, Aug 6, 2018.

  1. Hi, I have a unique situation... it's causing some confusion in filing out the forms.

    I am a US Citizen, my spouse has a US green card, and my minor stepchild has neither. My understanding is that myself and my spouse can travel to Canada without issue. However, we want my stepchild to join us for a vacation early next year in Toronto (we live close and can drive, the stepchild would fly in) and she needs a visitor visa. So we are applying now for the visa and had a couple questions:

    1. Intended address in Canada - do I need to reserve our hotel so we have an address to go to?
    2. Visiting person - my spouse is the person the visa applicant is visiting, right? Is that OK even though not living in Canada?
    3. Signature on form - the form has a place for applicant to sign. Does a 7 year old minor sign off, or does a parent sign off instead? Sign off in English or native language?

    Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. We've collected all the other documents and these are the last hoops to clear.
  2. I have almost similar situation but we apply for our kids, guess first you need approval of the chil parent to approve his travel both parents should be present at the embassay or visa center to approve his travel alone esp if shared custody . Your spouse need ETA to enter canada any ways this is by far all i know about canadian visa hope to hear from you

Share This Page