+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor Visa for Centeral govt employee -India

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
am a Canadian PR holder and have not done landing yet. i would like my dad to accompany me during my travel and stay for couple of months. my husband is already in Canada and done with landing.
my dad does not posses any property nor does not have any land or house . he is a retired pensioner from central Govt.

can my husband provide an invite letter for my dad?

can he apply for visitor visa?
please advice

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Yes, your husband can provide an Invitation Letter (along with copies of his passport + immigration status + NOA + bank statements, etc) for your dad.

Yes, your dad can apply for a TRV.

IMO it could be a bit difficult for your dad to get a TRV based on what you've written....
a. Does your dad live in leased accommodation?
b. Does he live with other immediate family (not including yourself)?
c. Does he have a strong financial situation? Both bank balance and locked-in finances?
d. Is he working or has a business post his retirement?
e. Does he get other benefits (not just pension) because he is a retired government employee?

Also, depending on your dad's employment in the Central Government, it could take a bit longer for processing his TRV application.... for example, if he was employed in the Defense Services or in Law and Justice

Cheers

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
thank you for the reply.

here are the answers to the question.

what is IMO?
based on my answers below what are the documents which my dad should provide.

IMO it could be a bit difficult for your dad to get a TRV based on what you've written....
a. Does your dad live in leased accommodation?
my parents stay together in an own house(apartment) which is in my mom's name.

b. Does he live with other immediate family (not including yourself)?
lives with my mom

c. Does he have a strong financial situation? Both bank balance and locked-in finances?
not much financially strong.

d. Is he working or has a business post his retirement?
he is not working and was not working on defence services. he was working in postal department.

e. Does he get other benefits (not just pension) because he is a retired government employee?
he gets only pension

[/quote]

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Your dad must submit proofs that he and your mom live at the same address + payments for utility bills/household expenses + he must return because of your mom (especially if there's no one else to take care of her).

my parents stay together in an own house(apartment) which is in my mom's name.
Does your dad represent your mom for any activities for the apartment i.e. Power of Attorney? Does he attend housing society meetings? However, this is not exactly a tie because your mom lives at the same address.

Financial: If your dad's financial situation is not very good.... you can transfer money from your bank account to his account (no cash deposits)..... he can then purchase Forex cards on his name from his bank account (topped with CAD).... and mention that he will use this Forex cards for his visit (if required). Don't forget to add an explanation + your bank statement highlighting these transactions.

he gets only pension
Proofs of his monthly pension + 6 months bank statements + any other pension funds like PPF (if he has not withdrawn the amount) or LIC

You may also want to buy overseas travel medical insurance for his visit + evidence for a must-return-by-date (example, family event or for some other responsibility).... and do keep the visit to 3-4 weeks max as a typical tourist/to meet family and friends, etc

Cheers