+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for brother

Abiseeko

Mar 21, 2020
I applied for my visitor visa for my brother ,I attached invitation letter and my bank balance . I applied in December first week. And yesterday I got a " complete" and it sent out to London embassy ...
My question is what is next step,bio metric was done mid December. Visitor visa should not take that long . I applied for him to attend my birthday which is already passed 3 weeks ago. Is there still chance he will get visitors visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for my visitor visa for my brother ,I attached invitation letter and my bank balance . I applied in December first week. And yesterday I got a " complete" and it sent out to London embassy ...
My question is what is next step,bio metric was done mid December. Visitor visa should not take that long . I applied for him to attend my birthday which is already passed 3 weeks ago. Is there still chance he will get visitors visa?
Where are you from? Certain countries we have seen sometimes take a long time for processing. Hopefully you included your brothers bank balance and his other job and financial information. TRVare based on the visitors savings not the person in Canada.

Abiseeko

Mar 21, 2020
Where are you from? Certain countries we have seen sometimes take a long time for processing. Hopefully you included your brothers bank balance and his other job and financial information. TRVare based on the visitors savings not the person in Canada.
I'm cdn citizen,and my brother is I'm Pakistan ..but my birthday us already passed ,will his visa still b approved

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm cdn citizen,and my brother is I'm Pakistan ..but my birthday us already passed ,will his visa still b approved
There was never any guarantee of approval. Your birthday was never a really good reason for travel unless you were having a big party. You will have to wait and see. Does he have his own savings of over 10k and have a longterm well paying job in a Pakistan? Property in his name? Spouse and children who will not be travelling? Good Travel history?

Abiseeko

Mar 21, 2020
There was never any guarantee of approval. Your birthday was never a really good reason for travel unless you were having a big party. You will have to wait and see. Does he have his own savings of over 10k and have a longterm well paying job in a Pakistan? Property in his name? Spouse and children who will not be travelling? Good Travel history?
No property under his name, and I send 1000 dollar ,which is almost 1lak every month to build up his bank.balance ,since his salary is not that much ...my friend did same thing and they got lucky . But if birthday is already passed and it's almost 3 months that I applied what r the chances he will get visa. The time line is more than what was required

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No property under his name, and I send 1000 dollar ,which is almost 1lak every month to build up his bank.balance ,since his salary is not that much ...my friend did same thing and they got lucky . But if birthday is already passed and it's almost 3 months that I applied what r the chances he will get visa. The time line is more than what was required
He doesn’t sound like he had a strong application to begin with so I would see if you get lucky and it is approved. I would say that he doesn't have great chances even if you are not considering the birthday.

Abiseeko

Mar 21, 2020
He doesn’t sound like he had a strong application to begin with so I would see if you get lucky and it is approved. I would say that he doesn't have great chances even if you are not considering the birthday.
Usually when application is weak they send refusal right away ...I don't know y taking them.so long .

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Hello. I am a Canadian citizen and want to apply for Visitor Visa for my Brother in law and his family from Pakistan. Can someone please guide me for the steps to follow? Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello. I am a Canadian citizen and want to apply for Visitor Visa for my Brother in law and his family from Pakistan. Can someone please guide me for the steps to follow? Thank you
Currently they would not be able to travel Canada anyway as not considered immediate family

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2020/06/changes-to-travel-restrictions-for-immediate-family-members-of-canadian-citizens-and-permanent-residents.html

They can still apply though for visit visas for when travel becomes possible again

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html