+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Brother (Extended family)

nav-2d

Mar 10, 2017
Hi,

I am thinking to apply for a visitor visa for my brother (age: 25) and I am a Permanent Resident of Canada. Are they taking the applications? If yes, are biometrics open in India? At the same time, I am debating I should wait till COVID restrictions are lifted. Maybe I can apply now and if he gets visa then he can travel later in the future?

Any suggestions what would be the best path?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am thinking to apply for a visitor visa for my brother (age: 25) and I am a Permanent Resident of Canada. Are they taking the applications? If yes, are biometrics open in India? At the same time, I am debating I should wait till COVID restrictions are lifted. Maybe I can apply now and if he gets visa then he can travel later in the future?

Thanks.
They are taking applications.

Biometrics are still closed for this type of application. He will need to wait for biometrics to open or travel to Dubai or Nepal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thanks.
Just a reminder that this isn‘t the time for travel except for essential reasons. You can certainly apply now but please rethink any visits until things with covid are more stable.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 yes but people are getting visa approval in 2-3 weeks these days.
Most people aren’t getting TRV approvals in 2-3 weeks from India. You can certainly apply just want to reinforce this isn’t the time to travel unless it is absolutely necessary. Perhaps you mean people are getting a response to their request for special authorization in 2-3 weeks. If your brother hasn’t done his biometrics it will be quite a while until he gets a response because he will either have to wait until he can do his biometrics in India or go to another country to do his biometrics.

Drogon

Mar 13, 2019
ok, thank you for the response. My sister completed her biometrics on 19th Feb, the application was submitted on Feb 13th. Do you know the approx time for her to receive the passport request?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
ok, thank you for the response. My sister completed her biometrics on 19th Feb, the application was submitted on Feb 13th. Do you know the approx time for her to receive the passport request?
Depends on where she's applying from.

nav-2d

Mar 10, 2017
@nav-2d did your brother get the visa?
I haven't applied. Still in the process of gathering the documents. The plan is to apply for visa but he might not visit due to Covid. He will probably visit later when things are better.

Also @Drogon, if I may ask how old is your sister? The reason I am asking is because I am concerned that my brother is 25 and he is still studying in university and usually immigration officers think that they are young and might not return back from Canada and probably try to settle there.

Drogon

Mar 13, 2019
I haven't applied. Still in the process of gathering the documents. The plan is to apply for visa but he might not visit due to Covid. He will probably visit later when things are better.

Also @Drogon, if I may ask how old is your sister? The reason I am asking is because I am concerned that my brother is 25 and he is still studying in university and usually immigration officers think that they are young and might not return back from Canada and probably try to settle there.
she is 23