+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Baby of PR holder parents

lohit3108

Jan 7, 2020
Hi, My childs Visitor visa refused because of back home ties. Can some one suggest what to do further ? i have provieded the details below.

Myself(father of applicant) PR holder resding in CANADA. My spouse with kids residing in India waiting for visa/PR for the 2nd kid to come back canada.
My spouse and 1st kid both were PR holder. As my 2nd kid born in India, we need visa/PR to bring her to canada.
First, i applied sponsorship application for dependant child in Oct 2021. till now i didnt get acknowledgement number also.
Current processing time 19months.
Hence, i applied for visitor visa online application. It was rejected because of following 2 reasons ,
A) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
B) Iam not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status
Can anyone suggest what best i can do to bring my family back to canada.
Your seems to be the strongest case I heard.
You (in CA), your wife and elder son (in IN) being a PR and newborn being tried to get a TRV while sponsorship application is going on.

I have a few questions before I comment on anything.
1. When did you apply for TRV?
2. Was the application done in Canada?
3. Was this in new Portal or the old one?
4. What did you show as back home ties? (I know its difficult to show for an infant)
5. Did you mention in letter of explanation about following TRV rules and returning to India after necessary stay?
6. Did you get any update between application and rejection? (Any update what so ever)
7. What all options do you think you have right now apart from waiting for PR application?

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi All,

I have few queries regarding Infant Visitor Visa :
My husband (PR Holder) is in Canada, but I, also a PR holder, currently in India and planning to travel to Canada with Baby on TRV.

1. Does Infant TRV require medical test?
2. Do we need to get any medical insurance for baby before travelling or we can get the health insurance once baby reaches Canada ?
3. Duration of stay has to be less than 6 months ?
4. We were planning to get PR for Baby once we reach Canada. But the current processing time for PR is longer, if the Visitor Visa expires for the Baby, does the baby has to travel back to India ?

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Apply for a Temporary Resident Permit, use normal TRV application and in your letter indicate that you would like to get a TRP. It’s CAD$200 and would last for 1year. The TRP allows for free healthcare, the TRV won’t give free health care and they may deny it. Good luck.

Aaqil

Nov 13, 2020
Hi Anki91,
Infant does not require medical test.
On TRV, infant is not qualified for health care in Ontario. Depends entirely on you whether you want to buy a medical insurance or not
Duration of stay - we chose less than 6 months, NB: actually duration of stay starts when you land in Canada at the border
We have already sent PR application for our toddler since March, no updates so far
Information from this forum suggests TRV can be extended, visit cic website for more /updated information

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Apply for a Temporary Resident Permit, use normal TRV application and in your letter indicate that you would like to get a TRP. It’s CAD$200 and would last for 1year. The TRP allows for free healthcare, the TRV won’t give free health care and they may deny it. Good luck.
Can you tell me the processing time for TRP ?

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi Anki91,
Infant does not require medical test.
On TRV, infant is not qualified for health care in Ontario. Depends entirely on you whether you want to buy a medical insurance or not
Duration of stay - we chose less than 6 months, NB: actually duration of stay starts when you land in Canada at the border
We have already sent PR application for our toddler since March, no updates so far
Information from this forum suggests TRV can be extended, visit cic website for more /updated information
Did you apply for TRV as well ?

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Did anyone receive the TRV for the baby and travelled yet ? What questions were asked by the immigration officer at the airport ?

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Thanks for revert. We plan to travel after 3-4 months as right now we are not sure about flights operations from our country and also want some more time for this pandemic to subside.
Hi !
Do you remember what questions were asked by immigration officer at the Canadian airport? How much time did it take for your child` PR to arrive ?

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
hi sherine! if possible can you please tell me if i can just go with trp and skip trv? won't it be an issue?
May not be an issue. You can mention your unique situation, ie, parents being PR and child born outside Of Canada and your intention to apply for PR for your child

The TRP took around 6 weeks or so it depends on your VO. No unusual questions were asked by immigration in Canada. They were actually confused why we had to get a TRP when both parents are PR. So I explained the situation. Officer was really confused and said it wasn’t necessary. That’s about it.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
May not be an issue. You can mention your unique situation, ie, parents being PR and child born outside Of Canada and your intention to apply for PR for your child

The TRP took around 6 weeks or so it depends on your VO. No unusual questions were asked by immigration in Canada. They were actually confused why we had to get a TRP when both parents are PR. So I explained the situation. Officer was really confused and said it wasn’t necessary. That’s about it.
sorry to bother again first of all thanks for timely response , you mean to say the officer at canadian immigration was confused while u were entering ? secondly , trp is valid for a year ? and is medical included in it ?

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
No he was confused why we had to get a TRP and not a regular visa but it didn’t create an issue regarding entry. The TRP allows for OHIP. The TRP is only granted for 1 year as they expect you to get the PR for the child within that timeframe. So you need to apply for PR for your child as soon as you enter Canada

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
Hi, need your suggestions for my situation to bring my child to canada as soon as possible.
Myself, Spouse, First kid were PR holder. Second kid born in India. I alone came back to Canada.
1- Applied Family PR Sponsorship application Oct 2021- Medical completed in March 22. After that no progress.
2- Applied for Visitor Visa in May 2022- Still in Processing. (Earlier one visitor visa applied in Nov2021 and got rejection within 15days. reason they mentioned is 18 months kid not having any backhome ties though both parents were PR holder.) Rejection is happening quickly , but final processing is long)
Checking status everyday in the portal , There is no progress. Not sure what to do. As the kids were crying a lot to meet me soon. She is struggling alone to manage both kids in india. Please suggest if i have to do anything else to bring them here soon..