+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Baby of PR holder parents

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
2- Applied for Visitor Visa in May 2021- Still in Processing.
Try your MP's office for assistance.

The > year processing time for the visitor's visa without even a refusal is unusual, I think.

Check the visitor's visa forums here - I believe some have suggested applying again for visitor visa if one held up for very long (it seemed to happen in covid).

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
I applied on june 20 for trv, i got medical request now , and another email to pay trp fees , hopefully u will get a email soon , else apply for trp directly , attach proper docs

sherine please if u can tell me what was the duration on the trp you got . Its urgent

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
I got exactly 1 year on the TRP. Luckily the PR came through right before the TRP expired.
Thanks alot for prompt reply sherine this means , the trp will be valid for one year so i can enter after 3-4 months - no entry restriction right? It will be until 1 year of medical i think

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
You can enter as soon as you get the visa. No need to wait. Medical will be provided as the baby will be eligible for free health care under the TRP. This is applicable in Ontario.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
You can enter as soon as you get the visa. No need to wait. Medical will be provided as the baby will be eligible for free health care under the TRP. This is applicable in Ontario.
thank you for kind repsonse , actually i am just worried as i took a contract until jan end , i will travel with my fam as soon as its over so i was bit worried that if they give me trp , will i get enough time