+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Baby of PR holder parents

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wow congratulations. Can you provide any further info such as purpose of trip. My son’s TRV was denied and both parents are also PRs. We also wanted to move in a few months.
You could try for a TRP - temporary resident permit

Saumya.anni

Jul 20, 2020
Oh wow congratulations. Can you provide any further info such as purpose of trip. My son’s TRV was denied and both parents are also PRs. We also wanted to move in a few months.
Thanks. We mentioned that we need to travel together as family in these difficult times and we will take care of child expenses. Also mentioned that chlid will not overstay on TRV in Canada.

Reactions: Aaqil and dthap

Aaqil

Nov 13, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Need advice on TRV application for my 8 month old kid. Both parents are PR holders and currently in India. We want to apply visitor visa for our kid and move to Canada for good.

1. There are multiple options for purpose of visit . We are confused abt Family visit/visit/others. What can be best option in our case as baby will be travelling with parents with valid PR?

2. As per info provided in application upload of invitation letter is mandatory. Can one of parent being a PR holder put an invite?
We can get an invite for baby from family in Canada too, but that doesn’t seem logical. Pls guide

Request guidance to proceed thru. Thanks in advance
Hi,
Congratulations, this is awesome news. We are in same situation, would you mind telling us how you manage obtaining your TRV for your baby. We are PR holders and our baby was born outside Canada. We are now planning to settle in Canada permanently by next year.
Thank you

Last edited:

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Thanks. We mentioned that we need to travel together as family in these difficult times and we will take care of child expenses. Also mentioned that chlid will not overstay on TRV in Canada.
Hey mate
What did you mention in Invitation letter

Reactions: Aaqil

mada1985

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Jeddah
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
23-3-2015
Hi Saumya.anni

If you don't mind, kindly give us some details about your application. We are on the same situation, we need to go for good to Canada and we are PR holders.

1. How long your application took till it got approved?
2. What did you mention in the Invitation Letter?
3. What did you mention in the Explanation Letter?
4. Which option did you select for the visa type "tourism, Family visit, Other..."?
5. Did you include "how long your infant will stay in Canada" in your letters ?
6. Did you mention anything about COVID-19 in your letters ?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaqil

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi Saumya.anni

If you don't mind, kindly give us some details about your application. We are on the same situation, we need to go for good to Canada and we are PR holders.

4. Which option did you select for the visa type "tourism, Family visit, Other..."?

thanks in advance
Hi. Were you able to he the visa?

rozmink

Jun 15, 2021
Hi Saumya.anni

thanks in advance
Did you get through? Can u pls guide

Sidhant73

Apr 8, 2019
Hello,

Me and my wife moved to Canada in Dec 2019 as PR. I am working overseas for oil and gas industry one month on and off. When my wife got pregnant i sent her to India to our family so she won't feel alone. The plan was to travel to Canada before delivery. But at the last moment our flight was cancelled and we were also scared as this is our first baby so we decided to deliver in india. My daughter is one month old now and i have already applied for her indian passport which i will get in few days.

Now my question is should i go for sponsorship of my daughter? Or apply for trv for my daughter and then apply for pr when in canada. What will be the processing time in each scenario? Kindly help me. If there is anyone with my circumstances that will also help.

Thanks in advance.

I also now want to leave my job and settle permanently with my family in canada.

canadianresource

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014 E-CASUpdate: 23-10-2014 Decision Made: 09-02-2015
Passport Req..
17-02-2015 Sent Child docs: 25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting......
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
I also applied for my son's TRV a week back. Can you mention the timeline for your application?

Like when you applied online? When the status got updated to inprogress ?

Was there any medical request? Did you mention a travel plan in purpose of visit letter. How long child will stay in Canada?

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
My TRP application took roughly 2 months. I applied in Nov 2020 and I got the approval in Jan 2021. You don’t need to submit any Medicals. It’s basically all the requirements that you need for a TRV. If you are getting a timely response you can call them.

Last edited:

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hello,

Me and my wife moved to Canada in Dec 2019 as PR. I am working overseas for oil and gas industry one month on and off. When my wife got pregnant i sent her to India to our family so she won't feel alone. The plan was to travel to Canada before delivery. But at the last moment our flight was cancelled and we were also scared as this is our first baby so we decided to deliver in india. My daughter is one month old now and i have already applied for her indian passport which i will get in few days.

Now my question is should i go for sponsorship of my daughter? Or apply for trv for my daughter and then apply for pr when in canada. What will be the processing time in each scenario? Kindly help me. If there is anyone with my circumstances that will also help.

Thanks in advance.

I also now want to leave my job and settle permanently with my family in canada.
You should apply for the TRP so you can first travel to Canada. Once you get here you will need to immediately apply for the baby’s PR. There is a huge backlog so the PR will take quite a long time.

lohit3108

Jan 7, 2020
Hi All,

Situation: I and my wife are PR (soft landing done). Back in India to have a baby and complete service notice for jobs. New born doesn't have any status in Canada. Applied for TRV for him with all documents. Intend to travel together and apply for sponsorship after landing. Job in Canada is also planned.

Has anyone else faced this or similar experience in COVID times. would be great to know how and what to do? How did it feature out for you. Wrote the same reason as Author of this thread did

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
Hi, My childs Visitor visa refused because of back home ties. Can some one suggest what to do further ? i have provieded the details below.

Myself(father of applicant) PR holder resding in CANADA. My spouse with kids residing in India waiting for visa/PR for the 2nd kid to come back canada.
My spouse and 1st kid both were PR holder. As my 2nd kid born in India, we need visa/PR to bring her to canada.
First, i applied sponsorship application for dependant child in Oct 2021. till now i didnt get acknowledgement number also.
Current processing time 19months.
Hence, i applied for visitor visa online application. It was rejected because of following 2 reasons ,
A) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
B) Iam not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status
Can anyone suggest what best i can do to bring my family back to canada.