+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for aunt ( Chances of approval)

lalli91

Aug 29, 2022
Hi ! I’m on PR in Canada and moved here 6 months ago.

I’m planning on applying for visitor visa for my parents. Along with my parents, I want to apply for my aunt as well.

Can I apply for my aunt along with my parents in same application. I heard a separate application is required. Can someone please confirm?

Aunt is my mother’s sister who is unmarried but currently lives with my parents. She is a governent employee. She also bought a house of her own recently.

If I apply for my aunt separately, can I apply for parents, aunt at the same time ? Or should I wait till my parents visa is processed ?

Is there a chance my parents visa will be rejected looking at my aunt’s application( though separate) on the grounds that I’m applying for my entire family at the same time.

Thanks in advance!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ! I’m on PR in Canada and moved here 6 months ago.

I’m planning on applying for visitor visa for my parents. Along with my parents, I want to apply for my aunt as well.

Can I apply for my aunt along with my parents in same application. I heard a separate application is required. Can someone please confirm?

Aunt is my mother’s sister who is unmarried but currently lives with my parents. She is a governent employee. She also bought a house of her own recently.

If I apply for my aunt separately, can I apply for parents, aunt at the same time ? Or should I wait till my parents visa is processed ?

Is there a chance my parents visa will be rejected looking at my aunt’s application( though separate) on the grounds that I’m applying for my entire family at the same time.

Thanks in advance!!
- Separate applications.
- Yes, they can apply at the same time.
- The applications will be evaluated separately. The fact your aunt is applying won't influence your parents' application.

Reactions: YVR123

mrchandu

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
I did the same thing.I applied for my aunt and uncle separately with a completely separate account.

I applied as only for tourism purposes with 15 days duration and hotel bookings.(No relatives here.No Invitation letter.)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I did the same thing.I applied for my aunt and uncle separately with a completely separate account.

I applied as only for tourism purposes with 15 days duration and hotel bookings.(No relatives here.No Invitation letter.)
Aunt and uncle could have been one single application since they are married.

Aunt and parents cannot be included in a single application.

mrchandu

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Aunt and uncle could have been one single application since they are married.

Aunt and parents cannot be included in a single application.
sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the same. I applied for my parents separately and my aunt and uncle separately

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the same. I applied for my parents separately and my aunt and uncle separately
Ah - got it. Agree with you in that case.

lalli91

Aug 29, 2022
- Separate applications.
- Yes, they can apply at the same time.
- The applications will be evaluated separately. The fact your aunt is applying won't influence your parents' application.
Thank you so much. What should be shown as proof of relationship ? Will my mom’s passport and aunt’s passport which shows that their parents are same be used as proof ?

Last edited:

lalli91

Aug 29, 2022

Makes sense cause it’s easier without all the documentation that’s needed for visiting purposes.