+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for a parent

mmaxi

Dec 9, 2016
Hello! My wife and I recently obtained PR status in Canada. We are interested in her mom to come to visit us. We are considering just temporary visit for 1-2 months, so we don't need a Super Visa. The problem is that my wife doesn't work, she is looking after our baby here in Canada so she has 0 income. On the other hand I have a good income and could provide my bank statements, a letter from my work etc to support her mom's visitor visa application. Question: would my proof of income have a value for a visa officer when she will apply for a visa or only her daughter's income matters here? As far as I understand the household income is considered as a whole regardless of who is working at the time. Is that how it works?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello! My wife and I recently obtained PR status in Canada. We are interested in her mom to come to visit us. We are considering just temporary visit for 1-2 months, so we don't need a Super Visa. The problem is that my wife doesn't work, she is looking after our baby here in Canada so she has 0 income. On the other hand I have a good income and could provide my bank statements, a letter from my work etc to support her mom's visitor visa application. Question: would my proof of income have a value for a visa officer when she will apply for a visa or only her daughter's income matters here? As far as I understand the household income is considered as a whole regardless of who is working at the time. Is that how it works?
Your wife's mother must prove she has the finances to support her visit plans, while you and your wife will provide accommodation, pay for travel/living expenses, etc.

'Household income" is for super visa applications.

You must provide an invitation letter co-signed by you and your wife + a copy of your marriage certificate + your financial documents (supplementary to the application)

Reactions: mmaxi