+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for a New Born Baby in India

amceosuresh

Aug 25, 2021
Hi Guys,

can you please help me with below clarifications on visitor visa for my new born baby ?

1. Does an upfront medical exam need for even a 1 month old child when applying visitor visa from India?
2. As a father, can I sign my child's visa application forms on behalf of my child as she is just one month old?

Thanks,
Suresh

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi Guys,

can you please help me with below clarifications on visitor visa for my new born baby ?

1. Does an upfront medical exam need for even a 1 month old child when applying visitor visa from India?
2. As a father, can I sign my child's visa application forms on behalf of my child as she is just one month old?

Thanks,
Suresh
Hi,

We submitted for our 8 month old in June, didnt give any upfront medicals. I guess they will request it if needed. I don't think every application is getting a medical request. Yes, you can sign on behalf of your baby without any further forms or documents as you are officially representing the child. At least that is what we did.

amceosuresh

Aug 25, 2021
Hi,

We submitted for our 8 month old in June, didnt give any upfront medicals. I guess they will request it if needed. I don't think every application is getting a medical request. Yes, you can sign on behalf of your baby without any further forms or documents as you are officially representing the child. At least that is what we did.
Thanks a lot for a quick reply! and is the application processed for your child or in progress? Your case is that requesting vistor visa for your baby for more than 6 months right? bcz IRCC mentioned that medical exam is needed even for a one month old baby if their stay is greater than 6 months ..

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Thanks a lot for a quick reply! and is the application processed for your child or in progress? Your case is that requesting vistor visa for your baby for more than 6 months right? bcz IRCC mentioned that medical exam is needed even for a one month old baby if their stay is greater than 6 months ..
We requested for 3 months. And its under process. You need to mention “other” and COVID-19 under your purpose of visit for it to get processed. Otherwise it will just sit there for a long long time.
Are you a PR or citizen?

amceosuresh

Aug 25, 2021
We requested for 3 months. And its under process. You need to mention “other” and COVID-19 under your purpose of visit for it to get processed. Otherwise it will just sit there for a long long time.
Are you a PR or citizen?
I am on work permit and now applying for my new born baby to bring her to Canada from India through Visitor visa as there is only one option left for me to bring her to Canada is with Visitor visa, that is why i am checking if medical exam required or not

canadianresource

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014 E-CASUpdate: 23-10-2014 Decision Made: 09-02-2015
Passport Req..
17-02-2015 Sent Child docs: 25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting......
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Are you a PR or citizen?
Hi, what’s the status of your application? Did you get any update after submitting in June?? Are you both PR? Just trying to understand how to prioritise the process. I heard that few got the visa for their child in a month

canadianresource

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting......
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Hi, what’s the status of your application? Did you get any update after submitting in June?? Are you both PR? Just trying to understand how to prioritise the process. I heard that few got the visa for their child in a month
I applied on 20th Aug for my new born child. And now the status updated to In process. We both are PR, came to India due to family emergency and now we desperately wanted to travel back.

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I submitted a webform to prioritize on 16 july . Received email confirming under process for family reunification on august 6. I then wrote to abu dhabi vo which is our local office. They said file in queue for review. Abu Dhabi is very slow so I really dont know if any of this has helped. Yeah both of us are PR and husband currently in Canada. Baby’s family sponsorship is under process. But no AOR yet, so I really really dont know what to look forward to

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I applied on 20th Aug for my new born child. And now the status updated to In process. We both are PR, came to India due to family emergency and now we desperately wanted to travel back.
You need to raise a webform to prioritize unless you have mentioned COVID-19 under purpose of visit.

canadianresource

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting......
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
I submitted a webform to prioritize on 16 july . Received email confirming under process for family reunification on august 6. I then wrote to abu dhabi vo which is our local office. They said file in queue for review. Abu Dhabi is very slow so I really dont know if any of this has helped. Yeah both of us are PR and husband currently in Canada. Baby’s family sponsorship is under process. But no AOR yet, so I really really dont know what to look forward to
That’s a good thing that Family Sponsorship is in progress. That gives more chances for getting TRV Approved.

Nchoudhary

Jul 23, 2019
Hi,

Hey, quick question - when you say sign on behalf of baby, do you mean sign with babies name ? I thought as parents we should be signing the forms ourselves ..?