+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for a minor

SMRZ

Feb 27, 2024
Hii,
I hope someone can help me with this!
I want to apply for a visitor visa to on behalf of my nephew, who is a minor, to come spend some weeks during the summer 2024, travelling alone.

I have trouble understanding who should submit the application for the visitor visa:
1 - Do I need to create an IRCC account under MY name and submit the application on his behalf? (i dont know if this is an option)
2 - Does my nephew (who is 14) need to create an IRCC account under HIS name and submit the application for himself (and of course adds letter of consent from his mother, aka my sister)?
3 - Does his mother create an IRCC account under HER name and submit the application on his behalf?

Thank you for your help:)))

shettyhemant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hii,
I hope someone can help me with this!
I want to apply for a visitor visa to on behalf of my nephew, who is a minor, to come spend some weeks during the summer 2024, travelling alone.

I have trouble understanding who should submit the application for the visitor visa:
1 - Do I need to create an IRCC account under MY name and submit the application on his behalf? (i dont know if this is an option)
2 - Does my nephew (who is 14) need to create an IRCC account under HIS name and submit the application for himself (and of course adds letter of consent from his mother, aka my sister)?
3 - Does his mother create an IRCC account under HER name and submit the application on his behalf?

Thank you for your help:)))
Hi, You can create an IRCC account and apply on behalf of his mother. You will have to get a representative form and personal information form to be signed by the parents. Please do mention in detail the reason for your nephews travel with an itinerary. Your nephew cannot create one as he is a minor. His mother can also create one and apply for him.