+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa - First name and surname swapped in biometric letter

Sriram_Zoro

Nov 15, 2018
Hello, I had incorrectly submitted visitor visa application with first name and surname interchanged and hence received a biometric letter with swapped name. I have raised a webform to provide a new BIL but no response yet and I have just a week left. Can someone please advise?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
You can use this to submit Biometric & carry your passport VFS and explain the same. Good Luck

Sriram_Zoro

Nov 15, 2018
You can use this to submit Biometric & carry your passport VFS and explain the same. Good Luck
Right now the VFS biometric details are auto generated based on the BIL, I doubt they will update it correctly and even if they will IRCC accept it. Anyone faced similar situation and what have they done?

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
Right now the VFS biometric details are auto generated based on the BIL, I doubt they will update it correctly and even if they will IRCC accept it. Anyone faced similar situation and what have they done?
Hi Was your issue resolved? If yes then how?

Sriram_Zoro

Nov 15, 2018
Yes, no need to worry even if the names are swapped in biometric letter. They will update the forms based on the names in passport, no need to reach out for a new BIL. Just go ahead with your appointment. Good luck.

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
Yes, no need to worry even if the names are swapped in biometric letter. They will update the forms based on the names in passport, no need to reach out for a new BIL. Just go ahead with your appointment. Good luck.
Hi, one more question. When going for the Biometric appointment should I explain them the issue. That I got my last and first name swapped while filling imm5752e form. Should I ask the biometric folks to rectify the first and last name while adding biometrics to my file?

And do you know if the biometrics are linked to UCI # or name?

thanks.

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
Hi, one more question. When going for the Biometric appointment should I explain them the issue. That I got my last and first name swapped while filling imm5752e form. Should I ask the biometric folks to rectify the first and last name while adding biometrics to my file?

And do you know if the biometrics are linked to UCI # or name?

thanks.
Hi, updating so it may help someone else. I had issues with the IMM 5257e form and while filling it swapped the first and last name. Once I submitted the application for a visa, I received the biometric letter. The first and last name was swapped on the letter too. I submitted the IRCC web form and informed them about the mistake. Did not hear back from them. But in the meantime, I went ahead with the biometric appointment and told the representative there about the entire situation. They took my biometric letter and passport, completed the biometric, and a day later the issue was resolved and on GCkey's account for the visa application I saw the principal applicant's name was corrected and biometrics were added to my profile.

Thanks.

Reactions: knight17