+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension

Btremblay

Mar 14, 2019
Hello,

Me (A Canadian) and my Fiance (An American) are getting married the first week of February. After that we are going to start our inland application. On her passport she only has a stamp that says she can stay here until April. I know once we send in our application she will be on Intended status. However, I would like to play it safe and get her an extension on her visit just in case there is anything wrong with the application and it gets sent back.

Is this possible to do? If so, how do we go about getting the extension? When should we apply for an extension and is there a good chance they decline it?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Me (A Canadian) and my Fiance (An American) are getting married the first week of February. After that we are going to start our inland application. On her passport she only has a stamp that says she can stay here until April. I know once we send in our application she will be on Intended status. However, I would like to play it safe and get her an extension on her visit just in case there is anything wrong with the application and it gets sent back.

Is this possible to do? If so, how do we go about getting the extension? When should we apply for an extension and is there a good chance they decline it?

Thanks
She will have Implied Status only if you include an OWP app with the inland PR app.

She can apply online for a visitor extension just before her current status expires in April.