AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
hi i have a quick question need ur help. actually i got married in amy and we appled for in canada process on end week og july .my vistor visa was expiring on october so we applied on septembeer for my extensin .now today i got the reply that my visotr visa case is transferred to missiuaga local office?what does it means ? reply will be appreciated

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
anybody over here who have any idea

Looki

Sep 16, 2008
We also sent my husbands application in at the end of July, 23rd to be exact. The Visitors Visa was set to expire end of Oct, so first week of Oct we sent the extension along. Still haven't heard a thing back yet.. which is rather shocking because I thought Canada would want to process these as soon as possible to weed out any "unwanteds" and send them packing :p

But we wait.

As far as I understand tho, when they send it to another office it usually means that things are going to take a bit longer. :(

Looki

Sep 16, 2008
Okay.. now I'm confused...

Do they then treat it as you being "illegally" in Canada? The category changes from what to what exactly? I thought as long as it was in before your status expired all was good and happy.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are supposed to apply to extend visit visa 30 days before it expires but it takes 2-3 months to process extensions so there you go, even when you follow the rules, you would still be a month or 2 with unknown status. In the meantime, you have implied status, means you are in Canada legally while you wait for an answer. You are not illegal unless they refuse your visit visa extension and tell you to leave.

Looki

Sep 16, 2008
Thanks.. thats what I thought. :)

The "your category has changed" thing threw me a bit tho.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
i applied b4 a month b4 expiry date and just day b4 yesterdayi got the reply that ur file is transfervto missiuaga and mine is in caanda process .i heard that ususally they trnasfer when they have any dought in ur application ? i submitted my pr application on july last week but dstill no reply .this reply i got is for my visitor extension visa .does this affect my pr. application also?

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
wht do u guys think y they trasfer my case

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
First of all - the "cleaner" option would have been to file the extension application WITH your inland PR application back in July . . . normally people who do that submit it with the "initial work permit" option checked so that they will be issued an open work permit as soon as the first stage of assessment for the inland ap is complete. This helps CPC-Vegreville know that you are legally in Canada, because when you submit an application to extend your status that is received by CPC-V prior to the expiration of the status you got on entry, you have "implied status" to remain in Canada legally until a decision is made . . . either on first stage assessment if you've filed inland, or on the extension ap (if you have, for example, filed separately because you have an outland ap in process).

Because you didn't file the extension application WITH your inland PR ap, you've confused CIC . . . they know that your status was set to expire in October but there is no guarantee that they have "matched up" your extension ap with your PR ap. (The left hand typically doesn't know what the right hand is doing.) When this happens - when CPC-Vegreville doesn't know whether an applicant still has legal temporary status or not - they normally transfer the PR application to the local office, but I've never before heard of them transferring just the extension ap to the local office in a situation like yours. However, my extension application (I have an outland PR ap) was recently transferred to our local office because of questions about whether or not I am still eligible to remain in Canada. If you didn't include sufficient proof of your eligibility to be sponsored, or that you have a PR ap in process, etc., with your extension application, that could be the reason the application was transferred. But it's hard to say for sure.

The good news is that, while you'd wait a really long time for some word from the local office if your PR ap got transferred there, it's not likely you'll have to wait long to hear from them when it comes to your temporary status application. They will contact you to come in for an interview - and you should be prepared to attend with proof that you are eligible to be sponsored as a PR applicant, and that you have a PR ap in process. I STRONGLY suggest that your sponsor accompany you to the interview. Once things are straightened out, the local office should be able to help you get CPC-Vegreville up to speed about your temporary status.

Keep us posted, okay?

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
yes i think they r confused coz i came here a year back and then i wento u.s then again i came here in canada second time but they didnt stamp in my passport as i came through buffalo so they r confused that y i dont have any stamp in my passport but i have the bus ticket as i came by bus .so i think that the reaon they transfer my call to local office?wht do u guys think?

and i want to know does this affect my pr application?

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request