+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension - Want to leave Canada

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hello,

I am wondering if I can leave Canada prior to completion of my visitor visa extension?

I initially applied for an extension prior to my expiry date but the application was cancelled because I applied for TRV rather than Visitor extension. I was already out of status as the time it was cancelled.

I immediately submitted an extension of stay and restoration of status. I need to go back home urgently;

- Does it affects my re-entry?
- Do I need to inform cic that I am leaving?
- Do I cancel or withdraw my application?

Thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Once you leave your application is cancelled. Reentry will be consider a new entry and assessed as such by CBSA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am wondering if I can leave Canada prior to completion of my visitor visa extension?

I initially applied for an extension prior to my expiry date but the application was cancelled because I applied for TRV rather than Visitor extension. I was already out of status as the time it was cancelled.

I immediately submitted an extension of stay and restoration of status. I need to go back home urgently;

- Does it affects my re-entry?
- Do I need to inform cic that I am leaving?
- Do I cancel or withdraw my application?

Thanks.
You should also inform IRCC that you have left Canada and want to withdraw your extension request,

Reactions: harbee