+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension - unsure of steps after being approved

ruff6708

Jul 24, 2016
Hi guys,

My mother applied for a visitor visa extension and today received a message on the online portal that she was approved. However, no documents were provided (or mentioned to have been mailed) to indicate a record of her approval or how long her visa was extended for. Is that info usually provided? How long does it take to receive those documents?
There was also a medical examination request message, is this medical mandatory even if she is approved? Is the approval revoked if no medical is handed in? Just seems like a lot of hoops where we could have just crossed the border to Buffalo and crossed back to ON within a couple of hours and avoided all this hassle.

Thanks all for your time and help!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ruff6708 said:
My mother applied for a visitor visa extension and today received a message on the online portal that she was approved. However, no documents were provided (or mentioned to have been mailed) to indicate a record of her approval or how long her visa was extended for. Is that info usually provided? How long does it take to receive those documents?

There was also a medical examination request message, is this medical mandatory even if she is approved? Is the approval revoked if no medical is handed in?
Hi

Her visitor record will arrive in the mail.

Yes, she must still complete the medical. The extension will be cancelled if she doesn't.

Nov 2, 2016
Hello all experienced people,

My mother's visitor visa will expire in 2 months and I am planning to extend her stay for three more months. It will be a great help if any of you can provide me with a sample letter of explanation and the specifics that I need to mention in the letter.

Thanks very much in anticipation.