+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa extension question

Bella@@@@

May 16, 2020
Before u startuploading some file therea a question there if u want to restore your status your answer should be no not yes

COVIDsucks

May 21, 2020
I need to extend a visitor record and I only need about 2 more months. Don't really have a good reason to extend other than prefer to stay put in a pandemic. Is it fairly safe to assume that my extension application will not be processed in that time? Trying to buy time on implied status hopefully...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I need to extend a visitor record and I only need about 2 more months. Don't really have a good reason to extend other than prefer to stay put in a pandemic. Is it fairly safe to assume that my extension application will not be processed in that time? Trying to buy time on implied status hopefully...
Posted processing time is over 4 months and everything is further delayed, so yes, you can assume that.

Bella@@@@

May 16, 2020
I did everything question upload documents but theres no NEXT buttom to go pay for fees for extension for visitor can anyone help me

NeoJ

Star Member
May 6, 2020
If she leaves, she can send a Webform to IRCC to inform them and cancel the app. It doesn't make it an overstay.
Thanks for your help.

Today we received the update that the extension is approved.

However, in the electronical letter it states :

Type Validity
Permit VR 2020/07/01

So her status would expire on July 1st?

She just bought the ticket to go back to the home country by the end of July. Due to the pandemics, flight prior to mid July is not available.

If that means her status is only valid till July 1st, does she need to apply extension again? What is the measure to keep her status valid till the end of July?

Thanks again!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your help.

Today we received the update that the extension is approved.

However, in the electronical letter it states :

Type Validity
Permit VR 2020/07/01

So her status would expire on July 1st?

She just bought the ticket to go back to the home country by the end of July. Due to the pandemics, flight prior to mid July is not available.

If that means her status is only valid till July 1st, does she need to apply extension again? What is the measure to keep her status valid till the end of July?

Thanks again!
Yes, just apply for another extension.

NeoJ

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Yes, just apply for another extension.
Thanks for your reply.

So another extension has been filed. However, before we hear about the result of the extension, she alr left Canada and she has updated IRCC the same through online form.

Does she need to take action to withdraw the application even after informing IRCC that she has left Canada? If so, how to withdraw?

IF IRCC rejected her application based on the fact that she has alr left and no longer need extension, would this affect her future visa application ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

So another extension has been filed. However, before we hear about the result of the extension, she alr left Canada and she has updated IRCC the same through online form.

Does she need to take action to withdraw the application even after informing IRCC that she has left Canada? If so, how to withdraw?

IF IRCC rejected her application based on the fact that she has alr left and no longer need extension, would this affect her future visa application ?
No she should just inform CIC that she is out of the country but she did stay after her expiry date so can’t withdraw or she would then have overstayed.

NeoJ

Star Member
May 6, 2020
No she should just inform CIC that she is out of the country but she did stay after her expiry date so can’t withdraw or she would then have overstayed.
thank you!

Out of curiosity, what would happen after she has informed IRCC that she has alr left the country? Would the second application be denied ? If so, next time when she applies visa, for answering questions whether you have been denied a visa before, she needs to say yes?

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
Hello Good Afternoon!

I just wanted to ask, if someone has this same experience. I received an update today about my father in law's visitor extension application.

It says approved, and check messages for full details, but there is no message received along with the recent update. He was not asked for a medical exam.
For the Visitor document, is it really like just posted there? no link to download the document itself?

Hoping for a response!

Thank you in advance!

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hope everyone is safe and vaccinated.

My parents arrived here in Dec-2020. We applied for their visitor visa extension before 15 days of Visa expiry. The thing is we applied only for 1 month extension as they were planning to go to USA for 3 months. However, now their USA trip for cancelled and they are planning to stay here until the ircc decide on their application.

My questions are:

1. As processing times are longer now, they will get result after 4-5 months (i.e. post their requested extension time). So, what would it be like? (i.e. does ircc provide back dated extension approval or they will be given 1 month from the date of the result day?)

2. I haven't uploaded any explanation letter with a reason to extend their stay. I thought it was not mandatory. However, now I read various posts here and it seems I should have done it. Amy advice from expert on what should be my next step? (i.e. should I upload the explanation letter as web form?)