+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension from within Canada . Need HELP

amrut24

Jun 21, 2013
Hi PMM.
thank you so much for your help so far.

i am trying to avoid sending my family application to India as it is difficult to get any replies or information and takes a lot of time to get the visa, not to mention that its costly . Also given the strike , its going to be delayed even further .
However , i do realize that i do not have any option but to send it to India if i need TRV .

However , my wife is eligible for open work permit (as I belong to a skilled worker category) . What if i apply for her work permit first and then she becomes eligible to apply for TRV ( along with my minor son ) from within Canada ? Anyway she wanted to apply for work permit but was unsure .

I was again speaking to an CIS agent yesterday and he told me about this option. He also suggested that i can get her work permit either by online application (less time consuming) or by sending the documents to Aggreville Alberta ( time consuming) by mail or by FLAG-POLING at the nearest Canada-US border ( the quickest way). In my case the nearest border is at Ogsdenburg .
I wish to know your opinion about this option and about flag poling . I know it ll cost 150 bucks extra but atleast i can keep a track of things and might still be faster and cheaper than sending it to India.

thisu

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 march 2013
File Transfer...
29 march 2013
Med's Done....
18 January 2013
Passport Req..
19 April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
amrut24 said:
Hi PMM.
thank you so much for your help so far.

i am trying to avoid sending my family application to India as it is difficult to get any replies or information and takes a lot of time to get the visa, not to mention that its costly . Also given the strike , its going to be delayed even further .
However , i do realize that i do not have any option but to send it to India if i need TRV .

However , my wife is eligible for open work permit (as I belong to a skilled worker category) . What if i apply for her work permit first and then she becomes eligible to apply for TRV ( along with my minor son ) from within Canada ? Anyway she wanted to apply for work permit but was unsure .

I was again speaking to an CIS agent yesterday and he told me about this option. He also suggested that i can get her work permit either by online application (less time consuming) or by sending the documents to Aggreville Alberta ( time consuming) by mail or by FLAG-POLING at the nearest Canada-US border ( the quickest way). In my case the nearest border is at Ogsdenburg .
I wish to know your opinion about this option and about flag poling . I know it ll cost 150 bucks extra but atleast i can keep a track of things and might still be faster and cheaper than sending it to India.
But you cannot send application to India from Canada. because you need to get return date in your passport. then only you are eligible. make sure about this.

anil006

Oct 1, 2013
Hello Amrut,

I am just in the same position as you are in, what did you do for applying the TRV extension for your family?.
I am also getting that 5708E pplication which is for Visitro Record, but me an dmy family have permit to stay till Nov 2014.

Please let me know it will be of great help

anil

MrEnergy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have a valid study permit and TRV,
my wife has a valid open work permit, but expired TRV,
our two kids have valid visitor status, but expired TRV,
I wanna apply for TRV renewal for my wife and our two kids FROM WITHIN CANADA,